Got the BFP! Now what?

.hopeful.one.

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but this is my first pregnancy!

I got my BFP yesterday (& today just to be sure). I have yet to call the dr for an appointment. I have a regular OB/GYN which I have gone to for several years. However, I would like to have a midwife so I can have a homebirth when the time comes. Should I make an appointment with the OB? Or should I be looking and talking with midwives? I'm so overwhelmed and it's only day 2 of knowing :dohh:

congrats! this is my first pregnancy too and as soon as i found out, i got a confirmation of my pregnancy (i only needed a paper document) from an express medical facility and then went to my first OB appointment at 4 wks 6 days. they gave me a midwife at my very first appointment and i didnt really choose that i wanted a midwife or a doctor. but at my OBGYN, they have about 17 midwives, 26 doctors, and so on. i dont know them all and so far, ive had 1 midwife and 1 doctor, but my next appointment my last doctor will not be my doctor. i have a new doctor but i loved my midwife and doctor! im sure they'll let you choose that because they told me at my first appointment (which was just blood tests and lots of medical history questions) that i could choose whoever id want and she explained some pros and cons of having a midwife vs a doctor throughout my pregnancy and birth!

Thanks for the help! I feel a bit better now :) I will probably call my doctor tomorrow to set up an appointment, I'm a bit antsy for bloodwork. Hopefully she can help answer some questions too, I have a list now.

Thanks for the help! I feel a bit better now :) I will probably call my doctor tomorrow to set up an appointment, I'm a bit antsy for bloodwork. Hopefully she can help answer some questions too, I have a list now.
i had a list of about 14 questions at myfirst prenatal appointment but come to find out, over half the list was already answered by the midwife since she was very informational. i always have a list of questions at my prenatal appointments. i dont get my next one til dec 16 and i already have some in mind id like to bring up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->