Got told off for low weight :(

ani

Reaction score
Just been to the docs and got told off (again) for LO's low weight. He's 3 months and 5.2kg (11lb7oz).

His height is ok, though, 61 cm.

Not sure how worried I should be or what can I even do. He is eating ok most of the time, but sometimes he just isn't interested or will stop after eating only a little. But he doesn't seem hungry afterwards.

He put on 600g (1lb5oz) in the past month, which is exactly what he put on the month before. I know this is very low, but at least it's consistent :neutral:

What do you think?
Does anyone else have a baby this small??? If yes, what have your doctors said?

1 pound 5 ounces is low? Hannah only gained 1 pound and 4 ounces in the last 6 weeks and our pediatrician didn't seem worried in the least :shrug: Honestly I wouldn't worry about it as he is gaining weight and that's what is important. Babies do go through periods of eating less, sometimes eating more. I know there are times we can only get Hannah to eat a few ounces of her bottle before she's just not interested.

Caitlyn lost an oz one month! Ignore them, if your baby is happy and full then it's fine x

i have a very small baby boy too. Ali was a low birth weight baby (only weighed 5ibs 3ozs at birth). he now weighs nearly 15bs - he is 19 weeks this coming sunday. he is very small compared to other babies i see who are the same age as him.....

i have always struggled with his feeds - he eats little and often. no matter what i try he won't take more than 5oz in one go. other than this he is a wee trooper. don't worry hun. all babies are different - ours just happen to be small - i am sure they will catch up one day.

:hug:

Christine
XXXX

Unless your baby looks skiny then I wouldnt worry...

Doctors are supposed to go by those charts according to the government, just like your ffundal height measurements etc... They do not go for everyone, but even if its off the chart they need to do/say something.

Thanks...I'll try to just keep going and not worry too much. Sometimes I wish I would be having kids in the old days before all these charts and weighings!

i wold not worry harry is 8lb 2oz at 3 months and they are fine with him hv is happy with him xxx hun

11lbs7oz doesn't soundd small to me... Anna is 8 months now and only weighs 16lbs :) And she is a very healthy, happy, active little girl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->