GP wants me to have urgent scan but my hospital has stopped scanning for today!

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

I can't believe i'm even having to write this. I went to my GP today, as when I wiped I had brown discharge/clot there.

He was wonderful and rung my local EPU for an appointment, they said that they've stopped scanning for today and can make me an appoinment for Monday! So now I have to wait the whole weekend to see if I still have a healthy sticky bean or not!

I phoned 2 other hospitals that are a bit further afield, and they both said the same thing, that there's no more appointments today, and come back Monday.

One of them were very nice and said it's probably just baby settling in nicely, and dislodging a few things, and basically to rest over the weekend and take it easy.

Anyone else experience, brown clots/discharge? I do have backache to but it's upper/mid backache, and i've been having it for a week now on and off, so I don't think the two are related xx

Never dealt with this personally in a healthy pregnancy but have heard that if it's brown then it's a good sign. Bright red and pink is when it usually posed more of a threat :hugs: good luck!

Thank you. Most of the reading i've done has said that brown discharge can be normal and that it's the womb stretching, and is old.

Just hard to have to A) take it easy, with a 3yr old, though my DH will be a great help, and B) Not worry.

Just have to hold on until Monday I suppose xx

They really don't keep us staff on hand very well. I was in the ER with DS. They swore it was a tubal pregnancy and I would have to erminate. I had to sit in the ER with that on my mind for 8hrs until the tech came in the next morning to scan me. Turned out to only be cyst thank god. The dr. just kept telling me to be prepared to terminate. It was awful. Not to mention those ER beds are awful so I got no rest at all and DH was up sitting in a chair the whole time. I felt so bad.

Didn't want to read and run - how terrible - surely hundreds of pregnant ladies need scans over weekends and evenings this is disgusting. So sorry you have to go through this and I totally know how hard it will.
Although, I haven't experienced this, I know from many other posts it does not mean the worst and resting and taking it is defo best advice.
So sorry you will have this hanging over but try your best to be strong and positive and keep telling you bean to stay put and you'll look after it -)
xx

I've gotten brown discharge and small dark brown/almost black clots on three occasions now. once, I believe was old blood after a papsmear and the other two times I'm sure we're caused from having orgasms. (which I refuse to do anymore becasue it freaks me out) of course it's scary but if you're not bleeding alot of bright blood I wouldn't get too crazt about it. I bet by tomorrow it will dry up. I'm sure everything is fine. I know for me it is. GL

What about an imaging center? They should have US. I only say this because my in-laws own one and most days they can add extra ultrasounds to the schedule that day.You can call the doctor for the order and bring it to the imaging center.

Sorry whats an image center? Is this UK? I'm not so panicked right now as it has stopped already.

We did have sex last night too, so no :sex: for hubby this weekend or the the next 12 weeks :haha:

I still think there should be an emergency scan service for women in this situation, if I was further on i'd of been checked out and monitored, it's only because it's early stages if it is the worst there's nothing they can do. But still, I don't think we should be left to ponder when it's "out of hours"

Thanks everyone, i'm going to rest up for the rest of the weekend, hubby is doing dinner tonight i.e take out lol.

I have to ring my boss now and tell her i'm not coming in Monday, i'm on annual leave at the moment so I haven't told her and wasn't planning to for at least a couple more weeks.

If you're in the uk, what a load of rubbish, if you were rushed to hosp at midnight there would be someone there to scan you.
This annoys me so much. It's so so important yet treated like "oh don't worry, everything's fine, wait until Monday"
I hope everything's fine, let us know :hugs:

If you're in the uk, what a load of rubbish, if you were rushed to hosp at midnight there would be someone there to scan you.
This annoys me so much. It's so so important yet treated like "oh don't worry, everything's fine, wait until Monday"

Yeah i'm in the UK, My Dr was lovely, he was really apologetic that he couldn't get it done sooner, the hospital just said no sorry we've stopped scanning for today, if she wants a scan she'll have to come Monday. (She was on loud speaker)

With my first pregnancy, I remember having pains and having an early scan. This time I lived in a different area, so it was a different trust, and again it was too late at night to scan me and a weekend so I had to wait till the Monday.

Yeah i'm in the UK, My Dr was lovely, he was really apologetic that he couldn't get it done sooner, the hospital just said no sorry we've stopped scanning for today, if she wants a scan she'll have to come Monday. (She was on loud speaker)

With my first pregnancy, I remember having pains and having an early scan. This time I lived in a different area, so it was a different trust, and again it was too late at night to scan me and a weekend so I had to wait till the Monday.

You're not being classed as urgent. But if you went in with awful pains then they'd have too scan you? That's what I don't understand. I suppose like you say it's classed as "early" so not much they can do but still they need to look after your well being :hugs: sorry to go off on one :haha: it frustrates me.

Sorry, imaging centers are independent of hospitals and have xray, MRI, CT, US etc. They are probably not common in the UK.

Unfortunately that's the world we live In these days with the NHS!!! Got my back up yesterday when I read a thread on here, mentioning no names but this Is what she said " I told them I was having major abdominal pains " " I played the roll " " Wasn't In much pain " " Just wanted to know as my appointment was only a couple of weeks away "!! It's women like these that take unnecessary appointments at EPU as they are selfish human beings!!! Hope everything turns out ok for you, which I'm sure It will xx

I had brown spotting with my first around 7 weeks. Was a healthy pregnancy so try not to worry.

Thank you again everyone I will keep you all updated. Its still stopped so hoping that was it. I didn't have any of this with first pregnancy and you just panic when any sort of blood is seen.

Sharkey unfortunately that's probably the reason scanning isn't available 24/7 and by appointment only, people will always abuse the system. Xx

I have had the same with this pregnancy and all is well so far. If you also had sex last night that could definitely be causing it - spotting after sex is very common. Lots of hugs and hope everything looks perfect at your scan on Monday! :hugs:

I know, they should be ashamed of themselves!!! xxx GL with your scan on Monday :) x

if its brown everything should be ok, with my first pregnancy the day I turned 6 weeks I had a massive bright red bleed passed a huge clot and they wouldn't scan me till at least 7 weeks got told to do a pg test in 2 days if still positive theres a chance I was still pregnant, any way I have a very lively 2half year old here to tell the tale! bleeding doesn't always mean the worst! x

Hi ladies,

I promised an update, I had my scan today there's one very sticky bean in there, with a nice strong heartbeat.

Thanks for your support, and kind words. Look forward to 12wk scan when there's more than a flicker, but I loved watching that flicker today xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->