Graco quattro deluxe travel system

Fossey

Mummy to Larissa
Reaction score
NOT recommended!!!

Had this bought for us, not cheap has only been used a handful of times. Hubby took our daughter for a walk the other day and the wheel snapped off!!! Called toysrus which is where it came from only be told its a known fault :growlmad:
The lady knew straight away what the problem was and we had to fight to get a replacement wheel after she blamed us for "banging" it which we hadn't. I looked online and found someone else complaining of same thing happening twice to his.
So if you are thinking of buying one, think twice and if you have one please be careful with it and hold it extra tight as ours nearly toppled over. I shudder to think that if the car seat was in it making it top heavy if it would have actually gone.:cry:
I am actually considering kicking up a stink and getting money back rather than a replacement wheel as I don't trust it not to happen again :shrug:

oohh gosh, ive got this travelsystem also :dohh:

Blimey!

I'd kick off and demand refund ...I would not put my baby back in that also how much use is a buggy in town without a wheel its hard enough being super Mum sometimes without this kind of thing happening also SAFETY what if you were going across the road? When I walk to Sainsburys I've to get over a quite busy road that has no lights now its ok to get over but erm not if a wheel snapped off in the middle of crossing!

Complain complain complain point out all negative sides of what happened that are dangerous and not dangerous demand a refund and one hell of an apology!

Yikes not acceptable and when you get told 'common problem' well then they should be taken off from being sold!

Yup I know, I have written letters to both toysrus and Graco flipping out. My brother bought the pushchair so we are in talks about taking back for a refund. We went out and bought a replacement for the time being as obviously cant be without one but it certainly wasn't Graco.
My brother was talking to the lady on the phone about the fact it could have fallen over and her reply was, she would have been secure and strapped in so wouldnt have hurt her. he replied with "And if she was on a path near a road and it had fell in the road" met with silence!
I am so mad about it. We put our faith into these people and this happens. It pees me right off. The wheel is just held on with plastic i just can't believe it. The more I think about it the madder I get. W$%^ers!
Please just if you have one be supper careful with it and hold on tight, I dread to think what could have happened.

I was reading online on another forum that this problem is common with the icandy cherry too

I inspected pretty much every pram, pushchair, buggy, stroller, travel system there is out there and they pretty much all have plastic holding the wheels on, unless you start spending the kind of money that would buy you a small 2nd hand car. I'm not saying that it is not terrible that this happened, but I think you'll find that plastic holding on wheels is very common and as such all prams etc that have that feature could have the same happen. It seems a bit harsh to suggest that only Gracco suffer this problem.

Can I just ask how it nearly toppled over? I had the Trenton and tbh I thought it was incredibly sturdy (I only kept mine for 9 months before selling it),I never had any problems with the wheels either - I know you have to fix them on,securing it with a clip when you first set it up. It was always a great pram and I had no concerns with it whatsoever. It would'nt put me off buying another one (not that I have any need too as I love my Urban Detour too much) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->