Grandma's......Help!

KarenLV

Reaction score
My MIL complains that she does not see Skyler enough. He sees her 4-5 days a week for two hours at a time.When he is back with me he is so overstimulated it takes 3hrs to calm him down!MIL lives very close to us.How often and for how long does your MIL or own mother see your LO? Is it at your home or hers?

That seems like a lot of time unless she is caretaking baby for you for some reason...

MIL sees kids once a week on a sunday for and hour or every other week depending how busy we are.
That seems an awful lot to be with MIL!

Colton has spent most of this weekend with my mother. He is spending the night there (first time EVER away at night EEK!).
But besides this weekend he probably sees her once or twice every 2-3 weeks. She doesn't live far.. just busy.
We live with my OH's mom; so he sees her everyday. He doesn't usually get overstimulated during the day but I try and keep him to myself and away from everyone else when it gets late. Here recently he has started trying to keep himself away though; he just sits there hollaring and yelling (not crying, though) when he starts to get tired.. usually lasts about 10min and then he is out like a light. But he does it during his naps and bedtime :shrug:

my MIL sees the kids almost every day for about an hour, i make an effort to go see her (bleugh) because she works away and sometimes doesnt see them for a week or two at a time.
my mother sees the kids once or twice and week for about 4 hours at a time, she complains she doesnt see them enough but she works long shifts so its not my fault!

My MIL see the kids every other Sunday for about 6 hours (we go for Sunday dinner) My own mother has never seen Dec and hasnt seen Dan in about 1 year!!!!

My mum sees Kaya 3-4 times a week, sometimes less. My MIL lives in England so only gets to see her 3-4 times a year.

My MIL wanted to come over every day the first month to help out but I had to tell her thanks but no thanks. She hasn't seen Hannah for a couple of weeks now, though we have told her she's welcome to come visit as long as we get advanced notice

i see my mum nearly everyday but she is off after her op at the mo but when she goes back it will be 2-3 times a week my mil sees jack 2times a week x

We go to my mum's every sunday at about 2pm until 6 - 7 pm and we meet up with her for a coffee every other tuesday afternoon.

My MIL wasn't into kids so much. We lived in the same house as her when my kids were babies, and she saw them but 1) either didn't want to overstep my new mommyhood or 2) liked to see them from a distance. LOL

She was never into babysitting either. She's a strange one.

Meanwhile my own mom lives farther away in a different province. She saw Amanda when she was born and hasn't seen her since, has never seen Jayden and we shall see what happens with Chase in the next few months.

She is on disability, unhealthy and cannot afford to come here. We've offered to pay to bring her here so we shall see if she takes us up on the offer.

my mum sees callum and nicole 3 days a week, she's looking after them while im at work.
but ex's mum doesnt see them hardly ever and never has, even when we were together.

they are so uninterested in them.

My Mum sees the girls 2-3 times a week some times more. MIL, see them once a week usually everyother week depending on her shifts.

We see my Mum once a week, any less and she gets withdrawl symptoms :rofl: We see in-laws around once a fortnight, mainly because we meet up when DH is free and that limits us to weekends.

I see my mum & MIL a couple of times a week. We visit them most of the time and only stay an hour or so.

I'm not sure how she can complain that she's not seeing him enough?! My inlaws and parents see Sam every couple of weeks - sometimes more if we have a bit more free time. We usually stay there or they come here for most of the day x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->