Gray hair?????

MEPride

Reaction score
I've always heard pregnancy and hormones can change a woman's hair.... thicker, shinier, limp, dull, falling out even. But gray????

I'm a natural blond so it's hard to tell but I pulled out a hair strand this morning that kept poking me in the eye and the root, for about an inch, was gray! There was a clearly defined color change from blonde to gray in that one strand. And seeing as my hair typically grows about 1/2 inch per month I know it's gone gray since I've been pregnant.

What gives?! Not that I really care much, but will I go further gray and stay gray postpartum? Anyone experience this?

This is one I've never heard of before! No experience here, but my OH definitely grays a little more every time I'm pregnant... probably because I'm so hard to deal with... ;)

That being said, my mom always told me I'm the reason for all of her grays... Maybe this is what she meant. ;)

I definitely suddenly got loads of grey hairs after my pregnancy and so has my sister after both hers.We're both brunette so it's really obvious!! Apparently it's actually really common due to hormones etc

I Googled this phenomenon and found SEVERAL threads of people saying they started sprouting grays in pregnancy. This is something I've never thought about or experienced, so I'm like really intrigued, but apparently it is really common!!!

Hmm my head has sprouted grey hair since having my dd haha. I did notice the other day I had a few more and did wonder. I have dark brown hair so they really stand out. (Que, reaching for the hair dye!) :/

Yeah! I knew I wasn't crazy!!! It's just been since being pregnant as it's just the root of the hair!! Every time I've gone into the bathroom this morning I've been inspecting my head for more gray! LOL!

I definitely sprouted my first grays while pregnant with ds!!!

I remember the day I found my first gray hair.... I was pregnant with my daughter and only 21 at the time :( I was so upset about it. I've found a few more since then, but nothing extreme. And with my first, I swear to you I had a giant Pube on my head!! I have thin straight brown hair. This was thick, black and curly! My husband plucked it out of my head and laughed Hahaha.

Man pregnancy does crazy stuff.

I had 0 grays before my daughter, and now I have a gigantic patch under my bangs. Hormones!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->