Reaction score
2 questions,

how would people pronounce Elysia?

And also i need greek/italian boys and girls names

El-iss-ee-a

I like Luca and Mateo as Italian names. Not sure I know any Greek names :shrug:

El-ee-zjah

I would only say El-iss-ee-a if it was spelt Elyssia

Actually Luca is one of the boys names i do like, and it is supposed to be pronounced, e - liss-ee-a, just so scared she will get called alisha at school, as they dont know how to pronounce it

Actually Luca is one of the boys names i do like, and it is supposed to be pronounced, e - liss-ee-a, just so scared she will get called alisha at school, as they dont know how to pronounce it

I don't think that will be a problem. There are two Elysias (actually 1 Elysia and 1 Elyssia!) in the school where I work and we get it right! :winkwink:

I love love LOVED Luca for ds but OH couldn't stand it :(

Aw thats kind of put me off to know there was two in one school lol i want names that are one of a kind so that my children dont end up as jack e and jack w in class, i feel sorry for kids that are distinguished by their surname.

Haha sorry! Most names you find round here seem to be really uncommon everywhere else on the planet though! :haha: My kids stand out with traditional names! Everyone says on here Isabella, Amelia and Oliver are all overused names yet I've never met another child with any of their names, even through work!!!!

I know what you mean though, there were 3 Sophies just in my class in primary school. I hated it! Our teacher just initialed all our books, but there was also a boy called Steven with the same initials so I ended up as SoD and he was StD!! A bit of cruelty on the teacher's part methinks!! :wacko:

I love greek names,

I love Eleana (El-e-arn-a)

and Michalis (mick-ha-lis)

:)

E ly zia

Sorry no help in the Greek name department

I like Greek names... Andreas (on-drey-us) for a boy, means manly! Some others I know and like:
Athan or Athanasius
Acrisius
Thanos
Atreus

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g