Green tea???

MamaK

Mama to Miles
Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to do a search but didnt come across this question...

Is green tea safe to drink whilst pregnant (at any stage)?

I did ask my midwife and she said yes, but there is alot of info online about how it can interfere with the folic acid you are taking.

So I just wondered if anyone else was drinking this, or has drank it through pregnancy and if it caused problems?

Thanks alot!!!! :hug:

I'm drinking it now (new development though, I'm trying to kick the coffee). I asked my dr and he said it was fine.

I read that you shouldn't drink it in pregnancy, because basically their research was inconclusive as to whether it was ok or not... I would say it's up to you.

thanks slot for your feedback. Yes I thought the research was a bit inconclusive. I guess its one of those things that u have to make up your own mind. I guess in moderation its ok?!

I find it hard to believe it's not extensively consumed during pregnancy in countries that drink it out of national habit, such as east asia for example.

I find it hard to believe it's not extensively consumed during pregnancy in countries that drink it out of national habit, such as east asia for example.

That's exactly why I take the research with a pinch of salt. I know that Brazilian mothers are advised that it's absolutely fine to drink coffee but steer clear of tea - I guess their economy might collapse otherwise ;)

Most things in moderation are fine.

I've read as well that it can interfere with the folic acid, but that it's a new development and the results are inconclusive. Ditto for herbal teas in general. I'm avoiding it, but I'll drink decaf black tea if need be. :)

Do what feels right for you, hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"