Grinding Teeth

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Elyse has got her 2 middle teeth on the top and bottom now, but has started grinding them?

Does anyone else have a baby who grinds their teeth- or who used to? How do I make her stop or will she stop on her own? Is it just the new sensation she likes or something? Or will I have a teeth-grinder for life?

Isobel started a while a go. I just ignore it and she stopped. I was told not to make an issue about it otherwise she'll keep doing it. We have days she teeth grinds but days when she doesn't. It makes my tummy feel ikky!

lots of kids grind. Is she doing it at night? If so, there isn't any way to stop it and most kids grow out of it by the time they are adults. Baby teeth are quite soft so you may find that they start wear a little over time, but this doesn't normally cause problems. if you're concerned about this try to make sure she doesn't have acidic and sugary stuff too often as this will soften the enamel and make them wear more.

Oh god, its horrible. Sets my teeth on edge. I asked the HV and she said they do, it was normal. I guess at least it will help blunt them, they are sharp as razors! ow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->