Gripe Water

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

How do I give my newborn gripe water? Can I add it to his formula? Just put it in water?

Thanks,
Jaylene :hugs:

Well this is one thing I have absolutely no clue about :rofl:
I bought some drops and just put them straight into her mouth. They smelled like black licorice and she loved them!

You can use a dropper... or you can put it in a bottle nipple and let her suck it out... that is what I do, then she actually swallows it. If I use the dropper I find she spits alot out.

All I know is that my friend told me it smells like pickles, her advice to me (a pickle hater) was watch out for pickle burps after giving it? :|

It just smells like minty water. I tasted it, its not bad. Its like Renah's favourite thing in the world haha. I just have a little medicine bottle that came in a medical kit, mix it with some cooled boiled water and she sucks back on that thing like its the last thing she'll ever have!

we used to give it through a medicine soother when maddi was little, but a dropper works very well too :)

i used a syringe, she used to spit loads back out though and ended up really really sticky.

Lou
xxx

i put some on her dummy, she sucks it like there is no tomorrow.
If she is really bad though, we use a baby syringe, that works really well.

How often can you give it to them?

Thanks for all the ideas, I used the nipple and it worked, now I just need to know how often I can give it to him! :hugs:

So would I spread that otu to every couple hours?

I would use it only if He needed it and would keep count , basically try other methods first ..tapping the bum , colic hold , burping ..if all else fails use the grip water ..that way when you really need it you will use it ..

It only happened once where i used it 5 times and that was it

I mix it in with Jacobs bottle (well his last feed before bed) just remember that once you have opened the bottle you have to throw it away within 14 days! x

I mix it in with Jacobs bottle (well his last feed before bed) just remember that once you have opened the bottle you have to throw it away within 14 days! x

HUH?? who told you that Ive had mine for more then 14 days the dr said it was fine ??

HUH?? who told you that Ive had mine for more then 14 days the dr said it was fine ??

It says so on the bottles over here! thats why I use Dentinox Colic drops instead! It might be different in Canada and the States! x

Yup just looked at the bottle I have and it dosent say anything except shake well :) pheww I got scared there lol

phew!! That stuff would get pricey!!

so i gave it to him last night and it sucked......he sounded like he was dying most of the night, so I gave it again this morning before he had his bottle and it has benn (knock on wood) good so far.

Thanks for all your help ladies!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"