grobag egg

mrscookie

Mama and expecting
Reaction score
Hey, i got a grobag egg from mothercare yesterday, and i plugged it all in and it looks great! It started off inacurate since it was sat in a box, but once out it was fine! It glowed yellow all evening and most of the night, and when I went for a pee it had gone blue (too cold) so I knew I had to adjust the temperature accordingly.
I did read a few reviews that said it wasnt very good but my first experience with it is its brill. I didnt even notice it had gotten cold in the house since i was snuggled up to hubby in bed all warm, so it just shows you can never be too careful with temperature. To know its too hot or too cold from the glow of the egg is a really clever idea. Just thought i would share.
:happydance:

i was looking at those but they are really expensive.

Mine was £20 and a few pence when they took the vat off. It was alot of money for what It is, but I had some christmas money left over :D
and now I dont lol!
x

I got one...:)
Couldnt have lived without it, it gave me such a peace of mind as we feel the temperature differently than a baby
now she is older i use it less (just on very very cold nights so i can cover her accordingly)
but if anyone is worried about how keep baby warm without overheating then i woud def recommend :)
X

hi ive got one too got it when my son was born a month a go and its fab i couldnt live with out it cos even tho me and partner are warm doesnt mean baby is and the egg just proves that its not always as hot as u think well worth the money i got mine from argos and i love it best thing ive spend my money on gives you piece of mind :)

oooohh ive never heard of this !?!? is it like a thermometer thingy ?!?

i got one too:yipee::yipee: i love it,my lounge was 23 to start with lol had to turn the thermo down, its great i think cos i dont have to remember numbers just look at the colour lol
xx

https://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/eggthermometer.jpg
https://www.keendistribution.com/images/grobagEgg/nightlight.jpg

and it doubles as a nifty nightlight too. Its so cool cuz when you wake at night just glance at the colour and you know what the dealio is.

Helen you didnt get it yesterday did you? I was gonna say if you did we sooo nearly bumped into eachother lol!
xx

Yay!!! I love ours. So easy!! xx

they are fab! well worth having one for peace of mind! but we have got the tomy walkabout platinum baby monitors from last time and they are fab, they have the temp and night light on them x

https://www.coolest-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/eggthermometer.jpg
https://www.keendistribution.com/images/grobagEgg/nightlight.jpg

and it doubles as a nifty nightlight too. Its so cool cuz when you wake at night just glance at the colour and you know what the dealio is.

Helen you didnt get it yesterday did you? I was gonna say if you did we sooo nearly bumped into eachother lol!
xx

nah got it last week, i'm now officially banned from buying anything else,

next time you go in look at the water dispenser and all the signs, bin, and tissues around it and a slippy sign lol, cos i was the numpty clumsy pratt that slipped over in some water and landed in the basket holder lol nearly broke my arm.
i wrote and complained and got £15 voucher lol.

i got me some lovely nursing bras i got size bigger cos they come up quite small. did you try them on. you need a degree to hold a baby, lift ya t shirt and undo the clip and..... disguise yaself under a poncho. i just know i'm gonna make a pig ear of it :rofl:
xx

ooooohhhh I remember seeing these when I was living in the UK, Does anyone know if you can get them in Canada??? I wouldn't have minded spending 20 pounds while living there, but from here it will cost me $50 plus god knows how much for shipping...

Just found this site....

https://www.trendybabyproducts.com/grobagegg.html

But they are $49.99

I think I'll add that to the baby registry :D

I keep looking at them. I've been checking the bedroom temp on a room thermometer thing and the temperature varies hugely depending on where in the room the thermometer is and as I'm not going to put the egg on the bed with us I don't think it'd work very well for us.

Love the idea though x

I love ours and am currently moving it around the house doing 'tester' 24 sessions in each room so I know what it's like in all the different rooms in the house. It's great at night, I have it on the floor next ot the Moses Basket and it lights up enough for me to see into there so I know i'll be able to check on Pip easily without waking up my hubby

Totally agree! I LOVE mine and its super accurate. I can't believe all the bad reviews on Amazon :/

i didnt get one because of the bad reviews etc and my best friend said the light on the egg warmed the thermometer up so was never right, i bought a thermometer that tells u the current temperature and the lowest and highest it has been since it was reset so im doing that closer to baby time to see what its like in my bedroom, i may get an egg to compare tho, maybe they read the reviews and fixed it lol

xxx

I like the colours of them etc, good idea but I found it a bit of a rip off for the price when you can get a little cardboard thermometer that does the same thing. They do look cool though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->