Grobags?

A

aob1013

Hi girls,

We have bought a Grobag for Leni as i am concerned about him suffocating under sheets. I was just wondering, what is the deal with togs etc and how can i use them safely?

Thank you x

Grobag have a website that you can check the temperatures for the togs and what they should wear.

the tog level you need is dependant on the temp of the room, ie. higher temp = lower tog. did you buy it new? if so there should be a little chart with what they suggest, if not I think theres something on the grobag site.
normally nb's are to small for them but it depends on the weight of your LO, you may still find swaddling helps settle easier in the first few weeks while bubs gets used to being on the outside. P. has been in his since about 4wks as he hated being swaddled.
as long as you make sure the neckhole and arm holes arn't to big that they can wiggle down inside them they are considerably safe.

Thanks girls. Yes Kota i bought it new *goes off to have a look*

You may find from birth you LO is 2 small to start with. I brought one from asda that said from 8lb. My kacey was born 8lb 9pz but was 2 small. she just fits now and is 11lb12oz. so get blankets as well. On the gro bag i looked at yesterday it said a 2.5tog was ok from rooms from 20-10 degrees. Above that then i guess you would want a 1-1.5 tog. But dont take my word for it but thats what im going with

One thing though, know your baby. My house is hot all the time it sits around 22 min so by them they think she should pretty much sleep with nothing on :shrug: But she has always slept with a sleepsuit and 2.5 tog so if its the norm for your house to be warmer she will be used to sleeping like that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->