Groom and best man colours

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Talking suits, is there any rules on what colours the cravat things and hankys have to be? Do they have to be different or can they be the same or is there no rules?

I always thought they should match your colour scheme such as your bridesmaids dresses, not sure it's an actual rule though, I'm sure you can have them any colour you like :)

I was a bit vague wasnt i. I mean to they both have to have purple cravats and hankys or does OH have to have to have a silver cravat and hanky and his best man a purple cravat etc

i haven't got a clue if theres a rule but my OH and LO are wearing turquoise and the rest are wearing pastel pink!

All the weddings i've been to they have all worn the same colour, but online i see a lot that the grooms in a different colour so i really don't know what the rule is!

My OH and his groomsmen are wearing charcoal suits, white shirts and each has a different coloured tie. I've tried to steer clear of a restirictive colour scheme though - my bridesmaids are wearing black dresses and each has their own colour shoes :thumbup: I don't think there are any real rules!

I think it's quite common now for the groom to wear a different colour. Hat to make themselves stand out as the groom. Obviously the bride is really obvious but when you've got 3/4/5+ men all dressed identically there is nothing to distinguish 'the main man' from the rest...
My OH is having a different colour to the rest. My bridesmaids are in different colours (one purple, one teal) so we think OH will have ivory cravat, his best man in teal, and the others in purple...but he hasn't decided yet :rolleyes:

There is only two of them in suits so its not like he needs to stand out.

I've only got 2 in suits aswell Lozzy, they're both having mint cravats. I thought it might look a bit odd having them different when there's only 2 of them. Xx

We only had a best man no grooms men, oh had an ivory cravatt and hanky BM had blue the same colour as bridesmaids

Well my OH decided yesterday that he will be in Teal cravat and all the other in Ivory :shrug:

There really are no rules to our wedding! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->