Grooming before drs appt.

I keep it cropped, but I'm pretty sure that doctors don't care at all. I'm always more concerned about cleanliness. My doctor keeps baby wipes in the exam rooms for women to use while changing out of their clothes.

Shave. Definitely shave. In early pregnancy you have no excuse not to have well maintained and clean lady bits. It's alright for those lady's who are fair and fine but for those who are dark and course it's a must. Ps. Try kengal ball weight. Help to tone pelvic floor. Magic little things. Work a treat.

This is quite offensive to those who consider naturally occurring body hair natural and beautiful.

Shaving only came about (of the underarms and legs) through the marketing of razors. I do not shave because razor companies and society tell me I should. My lady bits are as clean as they need to be, the hair is natural and serves a purpose. If you think your hair is dirty, once you remove that hair, all the dirt has free entry into your lady bits.

And thanks for suggesting there is a different standard of "acceptability", that those who are not "fair and fine" have to work harder to be beautiful and acceptable.

I don't think doctors care, but I usually trim things up a little bit so they don't have to go bush whacking to find what they need :haha: at my first prenatal appointment my dr always does an internal pelvic exam, just to feel the uterus.

I used to be an avid reader of Cosmo, and I remember several articles from Ob/gyn doctors talking about how it doesn't matter, they've seen it all. Just go with what makes you comfortable

Shave. Definitely shave. In early pregnancy you have no excuse not to have well maintained and clean lady bits. It's alright for those lady's who are fair and fine but for those who are dark and course it's a must. Ps. Try kengal ball weight. Help to tone pelvic floor. Magic little things. Work a treat.

This is quite offensive to those who consider naturally occurring body hair natural and beautiful.

Shaving only came about (of the underarms and legs) through the marketing of razors. I do not shave because razor companies and society tell me I should. My lady bits are as clean as they need to be, the hair is natural and serves a purpose. If you think your hair is dirty, once you remove that hair, all the dirt has free entry into your lady bits.

And thanks for suggesting there is a different standard of "acceptability", that those who are not "fair and fine" have to work harder to be beautiful and acceptable.

For what it's worth--like doctors, I don't give a rat's tushy how anyone else "maintains" their body hair. Luckily, my husband doesn't either because I hate shaving and since I had my son, I'd rather spend time relaxing than engaged in additional unnecessary grooming.

I don't actually get this I'm in UK and we have no internal examinations until labour or having a sweep what do docs actually check for? And why?

We get scans earlier and external ultrasounds don't always show when things are that small in there. Then when you get to your last 4-6 weeks they start checking for dilation and thinning
I see its great u get more scans :) it's a long wait till 12 weeks,I take it u wouldent have to have internals tho to check thinning ect if u didn't want to?

I only know what I've read and from the American programs I watch and it seems they do an internal at every appointment in later pregnancy totally unnessary and not going to tell you anything. Also shaving or not shaving is a complete personal preference. It doesn't make you dirty in any shape or form if you don't shave or you do. I'm a trained midwife and never gave two hoots what women did or didn't do with their bits in terms of grooming. Hair occurs naturally for a reason. Just do what you feel comfortable with x

I had internal scans with dd as it was a fertility clinic but they're not the norm here, I would say go with what you feel comfortable, I don't remember the doctor even glancing down when they put the ultrasound in, they covered you with a little square towel and looked at the monitor. They're doctors and they're well aware of the purpose of pubic hair, they won't be thinking about it at all, it's sad how far advertising and silly standards have gone that it's convinced women that our bodies are somehow naturally unclean and need maintenance.

I only know what I've read and from the American programs I watch and it seems they do an internal at every appointment in later pregnancy totally unnessary and not going to tell you anything. Also shaving or not shaving is a complete personal preference. It doesn't make you dirty in any shape or form if you don't shave or you do. I'm a trained midwife and never gave two hoots what women did or didn't do with their bits in terms of grooming. Hair occurs naturally for a reason. Just do what you feel comfortable with x

I'm in the US and not heard of having internal exams every appointment in later months. Maybe it depends on OB, but I do know that you can refuse anything you don't want. My OB didn't do any internal exams until my waters broke and that was just to check dilation and I was okay with that. Suppose though it just depends on the doctor involved.

I'm in the US and not heard of having internal exams every appointment in later months. Maybe it depends on OB, but I do know that you can refuse anything you don't want. My OB didn't do any internal exams until my waters broke and that was just to check dilation and I was okay with that. Suppose though it just depends on the doctor involved.

My dr will do an internal exam at weeks 37, 38, 39, and 40 to check for dilation and do a sweep. It might not be necessary, but I always enjoy knowing what's going on down there

I had one internal exam at my first appt I think and then an internal US. I always keep it totally bare down there but I hate hair anywhere but on my head. Luckily I have light fine hair on my arms, I'd probably shave those too I hate hair that much. I always hated the hair when I was younger and then got older and realized shaving it off was a thing! Never looked back, I can't go more than three days without shaving and always do it before any appt just because, not that I think they will care but I just feel cleaner. One day I want to have it lasered all off.

With my daughter I had one internal exam in the very beginning and one at the 40 week mark because my daughter was showing zero signs of coming. They say it will be like that with this one. I won't get a second exam unless there's an issue or this kids timer is broken

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->