Gross but - How do you clean your ears?

MoonLove

Reaction score
Okay sounds random - but up until recently i always cleaned my ears with a q-tip, but as has happened before, i accidentally hurt my ear and it was sore for several days afterwards.

So we all know we're not supposed to put q-tips in our ears but so many people do. I decided to try and stop using them, i had an annoying ringing in my ear for days after i poked it too hard, so i switched to using tissue.

But my ears feel really yucky and sticky and yuck! They never feel clean anymore, and there's always loads of wax left! :shrug:

So i suppose i'll be back using the q-tip again!

Just figured i'd ask the question :haha:

Q-Tip just reaaalllyyyy carefully. I've poked too hard once and that was all I ever needed!

:blush: Q-tip user here....I've never hurt myself though, I'm quite careful!

Same here. I'm a bit obsessed witj it too and clean them every second day lol

Q-tips, I'm obsessive too, pretty much daily. I can't stand it if it feels like there's any wax build up in there. I also occasionally use an ear wax drop that helps to dissolve wax build up if they feel like I'm not getting them clean enough. They sell it in the pharmacy section.

Same for me. I have seriously bad tinnitus and damaged hearing anyway so I wouldn't know if it was causing any more, but I can't stand the waxy feeling, it makes the issues so much worse. Figure I'm best off getting a decent clean every couple of days than feeling gross.

Same for me. I have seriously bad tinnitus and damaged hearing anyway so I wouldn't know if it was causing any more, but I can't stand the waxy feeling, it makes the issues so much worse. Figure I'm best off getting a decent clean every couple of days than feeling gross.

Im exactly the same. I hate not having clean ears! so its a q-tip after every shower and at night. I had glue ear a lot as a kid and still have very wattery ear wax so feel gross if I dont.

How could you not q-tip? I must do it at least once a day or I feel gross. It's the worst when you go away and forget to pack them.

You can get special cotton buds that have a ball type thing so they can't go too far in your ear.
I hate cleaning my ears. I love it after they're cleaned but the feeling of something scraping around in my ear is just so unnatural :lol:
I do them every few days with cotton buds and every few weeks with olive oil.

How could you not q-tip? I must do it at least once a day or I feel gross. It's the worst when you go away and forget to pack them.

Thank you for this...going on hols in a couple of days, would have forgot them....they are now packed!

I use an ear spray thing from the pharmacy that dissolves the ear wax, and then you're just supposed to rub the ear (shutting the bit of lobe that goes over the ear hole and rub that in a circular motion) and then tip your head and drip it out. I usually end up using a q-tip too but very carefully.

what a q-tip? is it a hair slide thing? if so thats what i use lol

I can honestly say I've never cleaned the inside of my ears in my life. I clean my ear all the time (the bit on the side of my head, I don't know what to call it:dohh:) but I've NEVER stuck anything in my ear before.

So I just went and tried with a Qtip and there's absolutely nothing in there. It was tinged slightly orange, but nothing 'dirty'.

Why do you clean them? Do you get lumps of wax etc? I'm lost:blush:

I can honestly say I've never cleaned the inside of my ears in my life. I clean my ear all the time (the bit on the side of my head, I don't know what to call it:dohh:) but I've NEVER stuck anything in my ear before.

So I just went and tried with a Qtip and there's absolutely nothing in there. It was tinged slightly orange, but nothing 'dirty'.

I've always cleaned them with a q-tip so that when you press your ear in (as if to block out a noise) it doesn't stick together with wax, i loathe that feeling!! It makes me feel dirty and self conscious about it!

I'm back using q-tips, tissue doesn't cut it at all!

I don't. Ears are self-cleaning if you leave them alone. I very occasionally use a finger but most of the time they are absolutely fine. Those of you who clean them every day or two are probably making the problem worse!

I've always cleaned them with a q-tip so that when you press your ear in (as if to block out a noise) it doesn't stick together with wax, i loathe that feeling!! It makes me feel dirty and self conscious about it!

I'm back using q-tips, tissue doesn't cut it at all!

How far in do you stick the Q? Sorry, I'm intrigued, it's not somewhere I've ever thought about:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->