Gross but - How do you clean your ears?

I use cotton buds and I also use a hair grip, I'm obsessed with having clean ears, my sons ears are always full of wax and I love cleaning them. Although not with a hair grip.

I've never put anything in my ear and never had any problems

I wash inside and out when I'm in the shower and just use shampoo. I was always told not to poke in there, especially not with cotton buds. My ears don't feel sticky or waxy at all and I've never put a cotton bud in them

i was told this by a gp before when he said about my clean ears and i tld him thats because im always cleaning them with a bud, his reply was 'ears, nose and mouth clean them self' my very daft reply was 'then why do we pick our nose'. LOL seems not every adult does, i just actually cant blow my nose, i hate it, it gives me headache LOL :blush:

sorry first of all 'q-tip' :haha: in other words, cotton bud..
I use these, but not all the time, it makes me cough :shrug: my other half is the same if im in one room and i hear this cough, i know hes cleaning his ears, when i was a bit younger after diving in the pool on holiday i seriously hurt my ear and for ages it was horribly waxy, i had to use tweazers to pick the wax out, very cringy and painful if you pluck them little fine hairs LOL.
i prob do mine once a month, sometimes less often, i dont get real dirty ears, but when i put my finger in i can feel i big lump of wax, ive tried loads to get this out but the doc says they are super clean, so god knows. it drives me mad though once i start cleaning i cant stop..

quick question, what about babies ears? the other day my LB had really horrible waxy ears, i cant fit my finger in to get it out, the towel also wont go in, and i dont want to push it in :s..

Different places, different names for things. Everyone in US calls them Q-tips, pretty much, no matter what brand they are.

i didnt mean that in a rude way, i hope you dont think i did.

I wash inside and out when I'm in the shower and just use shampoo. I was always told not to poke in there, especially not with cotton buds. My ears don't feel sticky or waxy at all and I've never put a cotton bud in them

i was told this by a gp before when he said about my clean ears and i tld him thats because im always cleaning them with a bud, his reply was 'ears, nose and mouth clean them self' my very daft reply was 'then why do we pick our nose'. LOL seems not every adult does, i just actually cant blow my nose, i hate it, it gives me headache LOL :blush:

I hate it too!! It just hurts and makes my ears pop!!

yes!! least im not the only one, he looked at me like i was a child in the playground eating my boogeys or wiping them on the carpet in classroom lol

sorry first of all 'q-tip' :haha: in other words, cotton bud..
I use these, but not all the time, it makes me cough :shrug: my other half is the same if im in one room and i hear this cough, i know hes cleaning his ears, when i was a bit younger after diving in the pool on holiday i seriously hurt my ear and for ages it was horribly waxy, i had to use tweazers to pick the wax out, very cringy and painful if you pluck them little fine hairs LOL.
i prob do mine once a month, sometimes less often, i dont get real dirty ears, but when i put my finger in i can feel i big lump of wax, ive tried loads to get this out but the doc says they are super clean, so god knows. it drives me mad though once i start cleaning i cant stop..

quick question, what about babies ears? the other day my LB had really horrible waxy ears, i cant fit my finger in to get it out, the towel also wont go in, and i dont want to push it in :s..

Different places, different names for things. Everyone in US calls them Q-tips, pretty much, no matter what brand they are.

i didnt mean that in a rude way, i hope you dont think i did.

No, I didn't think you meant it rudely. I figured it was just one of those words that are typically used differently in UK vs US.

I don't clean my ears out. They seem to do it themselves pretty well.

Thomas has extremely waxy ears though, I end up using my pinky fingernail to scrape his wax away otherwise it sits there in massive clumps. Just where it comes out of the opening, I don't stick anything in his ears.

yes!! least im not the only one, he looked at me like i was a child in the playground eating my boogeys or wiping them on the carpet in classroom lol

:rofl:
I never really learnt to blow my nose as a kid so when i was full of cold as an adult, i'd just never go to blow my nose. I also can't squeeze my nose, like if you were trying to block out a bad smell, it really really hurts my nostrils :haha: :haha:

you pick what your nose has put out for rubbish. if you wait long enough itll come out by itsself too.
btw you arent supposed to blow hard any way. if you want to blow your nose do it geently otherwise all the gunk end up in the sinuses. wiping is actually the healthiest way.

:haha: this thread is hilarious!

I occasionally use cotton buds when I feel there's a bit of build up in there. It's quite satisfying :lol:

I now have chronic ear problems because my mother used to use Q-tips on me as a child. My wax production is so bad that I need my ears syringed out every few months (which has its own risks, ruptured/burst eardrum etc), or I will go deaf in them as the wax blocks them. Recently I even had an ear infection because of built up wax that blocked my ear, then trapped whatever dirt was behind it. Sticking anything in your ear really isn't worth it, take it from me!

I don't stick anything in my ears. I'm too squeamish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->