growing butt and thighs..... :(

Taima

Reaction score
Hey there just wanted to know how normal this is and why it's happening....
This is my first pregnancy. I started showing very early from the 2nd month and now I have a decently round bump. A little big for 4 months pregnant with the first.
Anyway my bigger concern is my growing butt and thighs (and I'm beginning to notice cellulite :(. Honestly I've always been so conscious about my weight and appearance. I'm 5 ft 1 in. I used to weigh 115 lb. Now at 14+5 I am 121 lb. I gained 6lb mainly in first tri (because I was on vacation). Ever since I came back for the last 3 weeks I haven't gained at all. So I don't understand why my thighs and butt are getting bigger... is it the water retention ? Or is it fat? If it's fat... where is it coming from...? I try to eat healthy and stay away from junk and empty calories. I do not exercise though. But haven't gained weight in the past 3 weeks.

Let me know if this has happened to you before and what you did to fix it before or after giving birth. Any advise appreciated.

Thats pregnancy for you lol with my 2nd bub i grew every where even though i ate healthy.

Oh yeah my butt and thighs have grown in size too.....and don't get me started on the cellulite!! Covered 🙈

Yup normal. My butt grows with my bump! Try not to worry about it, aslong as you're healthy you'll be fine.

I wish it was just my butt and thighs growing! I get bigger everywhere, especially as this is my second pregnancy! Try not to worry about it because there isn't anything you can do and most likely you will lose it quickly once bub arrives.

Thanks ladies.. so I will be able to lose this fat later? And will the cellulite go away after losing the fat??

Yes and yes. Baby weight drops off pretty quickly after you've had baby (especially if you breastfeed). Cellulite will get better with exercise :).

With my first pregnancy I started out at 115lbs at 5ft wearing a size 5, now I am in a size 12 starting out this pregnancy. It happens, it's perfectly natural and some woman have an easier time getting it off than others. I used to go to a local pizza shop and the little old italian guy that owned the place used to ask me all the time, "Are you pregnant in your front or your ass?"

Zmzerbe - what weight did you end up gaining in your first pregnancy? I'm curious because I also started at 115 lb.:thumbup:

I have pants that don't come anywhere near fitting my legs and butt area when I am not pregnant but oh they sure do when I am pregnant and this is my third. Everything will go back to normal eventually =)

Part of pregnancy for many women. My advice is not to worry about your butt and thighs, and start being more active, just pay careful attention to what you eat, keep your diet clean. No matter what you do, your butt may get larger. It has for me every time. But at least if you do all the healthy things you'll feel better about it.

And yes, the weight will come off. Although mine doesn't budge with breastfeeding, not until my baby is 1 year old does the weight vanish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->