Growing your hair

I had the shampoo and conditioner of that and it made my hair awful :dohh:

Backwards! xxx

Yeah I've heard really mixed things about the rest of the range, was going to invest until I saw the reviews. The anti snap stuff is pretty good though! Doesn't leave my hair greasy or heavy like other leave-in conditioners.

Get it trimmed every 6 weeks for sure!!! Mine has grown sooooo long since Ive been gettig a frequent trim over the last year!

I only shampoo roots and condition middle of hair downwards. Because my hair is quite thick and dark I can get away with less frequent washes. Since being pregnant and having ds2 I have obviously felt more tired and therefore haven't been straightening my hair as often. I still blow dry my hair though as for one my fringe would look awful! And 2 as it takes so long to do my hair I have a habit of washing at night and coz I'm lazy I put it off till just before going to bed so I need to blow dry. I use a straightening cream for blow dry and ghd spray for thick/ course hair when I straighten.
Tbh I haven't noticed much difference in growth since not straightening my hair as often, I noticed loads of growth though when I was getting frequent trims. One lady I know has gorgeous hair and she also swears by frequent cuts too.
Find a hairdresser that does a good deal, there's a really good one that if you book on the day cut and blow dry for £25 (good price round here as a c&bd can be £35+) so I try and do this every 2 months which I will b doing again when I'm back at work
Just thinking, the condition of my hair would also b better if I didn't have a 4 month old pulling half my hair out too!

I definitely agree about not using heat if at all possible. I'm trying to grow mine out at the mo, it was previously quite short and ruined by bleach and vivid colours etc. Now it's long enough I love putting a variety of braids in it, after conditioning and towel drying. The condition is improving loads compared to when I was automatically blow drying and straightening after each wash!

If you google 'katniss braid' it's a version of that I like to do - my hair is nowhere near as long but it still works.

Thanks everyone, I usually have to wash my hair everyday but while on maternity leave I've been doing it every other and rarely straightening although I always blow dry. I have a fringe now though which means I will need to wash my hair whenever I want to be seen in public and blow drying is a must for it not to look silly.

I'm hoping I will have fewer split ends when I stop BF DS2....he likes pulling my hair when feeding, I haven't had the common sense to remember to tie it back before feeding yet!

My hair is well past my waisy now. I have not had it cut (apart from fringe) in 3 yrs. Its not in bad condition. I do not use straighteners or hair dryer, no hair dye or products. I use tesco shampoo and my hair always looks in good condition.

Thanks everyone, I usually have to wash my hair everyday but while on maternity leave I've been doing it every other and rarely straightening although I always blow dry. I have a fringe now though which means I will need to wash my hair whenever I want to be seen in public and blow drying is a must for it not to look silly.

I'm hoping I will have fewer split ends when I stop BF DS2....he likes pulling my hair when feeding, I haven't had the common sense to remember to tie it back before feeding yet!

Not sure what your hair type is like, but I found putting my old blunt fringe in a big, fat roller helped keep it's shape without using heat.

Mine just won't grow but I have clip in extensions for nights out which make me feel a little better x

Dry shampoo helps my fringe in between washes as my fringe usually the first to go in regards to needing washing

You can just wash your fringe and not the rest.

And yes what AP said I only apply a small amount of shampoo onto my fingertips and massage into scalp and roots only.
Xx

I do fringe washes lots, even with Alex :rofl:

I did when I had a fringe but now I don't I need shares in dry shampoo xx

Regular trimming does help hair growth, I have mine trimmed every few months or so (layering etc). However it's mostly to do with your diet and how much water you drink. I drink around a litre and a half a day and my hair grows so fast it's annoying, But it's incredibly healthy and strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->