Growth charts for premmies

Luzelle

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I want to know if someone can send me a link to growth charts for premmies. It is for a friend who's little girl was born at 27weeks gestation. Baby is doing very well :thumbup:, just some info will be useful. Thanks in advance!

Preemies use the same growth charts that term babys do, they are just marked back to there adjusted age.

^wss. We had a 27 weeker and the same term growth charts are used to begin with. There are special charts if they do fall off the term one though.

Our hospital used the normal growth charts.

However, our little boy Andrew was also very low birthweight, and I found that the World Health Org produces separate charts for low birthweight babies with growth curves below the 0.4th percentile; so I downloaded & printed one, and I kept a personal weight/size chart on that.

Found the linky ... they now call them Neonatal & Infant Close Monitoring (NICM) growth charts from 23wk gestation to 2 years ... about halfway down here: https://www.rcpch.ac.uk/growthcharts (printing on A3 is recommended!)

Ooo that chart is handy. If we ever get given a red book i might print those off and put them in as well as the standard ones. I got excited waiting for the chart to open as I thought Iona might be on a line but no she's still well below even the bottom one :dohh:

Awwww, she's a little darling :) Andrew has managed to climb from below the -4SD to above the -3SD, so she will get there eventually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->