Growth smaller? HELP! :(

emmyloves1991

Reaction score
Today i had my 34 week appointment, they did all the usual checks and said my urine had something but said this could be because the bottle had contamination or something they've put in my notes (urine leuk + asymotomatic of UTI) Whatever that means but they said its nothing to worry about :S They checked the heart rate and that was going from 160-170bpm so a little fast but said this could be because shes active and babys are like us when they're active and there heart rate is up. Then she measured my bump and she said i was measuring smaller. I had a growth scan last week and have had quite a few before hand because of several trips to triarge for reduced fetal movement and the last sonograther even said while looking stunned "this baby is growing so beautifully". The midwife said at the end of the appointment that everything was fine, scans were more accurate anyway and i'm not to big or to small, i'm just right and if they were concerned they would send me to the hospital for scans and stuff but even her saying this i can't help but feel worried. I've been to triarge countless times through out my pregnancy because of reduced movement but have aswell put this down to me being paranoid as i do have an issue with paranoia and mental health so in the last week I've took a step back and said "no i'm not going to triarge" because it was becoming everyday and everytime i went she was perfectly fine so i had to take that step back to for my insanity lol! I was going insane and I've been less stressed and all my other midwife appointments have been fine, plus i didn't have my usual midwife, i had two others that didn't seem to know what they were doing to be honest, ok now i sound like a snob but i'm not. lol! Honestly, i think these midwife appointments stress you out even more sometimes. I feel like i'm having a break down, i'm fed up with all of this i just want it to be over and her to be here already, i can't take much more (sorry i just need to vent aswell). grrrrrrrr lol! I have text my main midwife and told her whats happened but i don't think she'll reply until monday when shes probably next in but i cant wait that long.

Now i'm just sitting here worrying and crying because i'm worried about her heart rate and her measuring smaller than the growth scan, i feel i should be up the hospital doing something about it but don't want to cause more stress and cause a fuss. I have felt her moving today. I don't know what i should do? Help! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Attachments

• gh.jpg
    gh.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2
Honestly try not to worry. Throughout my whole 1st pregnancy my bump was always small.. Every midwife appointment I was sent for growth scans. If you went for a growth scan now I think you know it would show she's fine. Next time you go for a measurement you'll probably be back in line with your chart. It could be as simple as your baby's lying towards the back today and other times was more up front.

I wouldn't worry about the heartbeat. As long as your feeling the regular daily normal Movements there's not much to worry about and your just going to end up stressing yourself which isn't good.

With my 1st I could never follow the 10 kicks because I never felt her move much! But it was normal for her and that's what I focused on.

I'm having growth scans too for low PAPP-A. Your measures are far bigger than mine, mine are all under 50th centile and at 32 weeks we dropped below the 10th. My baby is not a big mover, I don't feel big kicks a lot, never have. As long as you learn what is normal for yours that is what counts. Also scans are much more reliable measures than fundal height, and even the scan can be 20% out either way.

However that said you need to go to be assessed if you have any concerns at all. You are doing the right thing if you are worried to go. Have you tried a kick count app, where you can record and check if you are getting the 10 a day minimum they recommend?

It's such a stressful time, and we know when they are born we will just worry about other things to do with them! Big hugs, sorry I can't be more help xx

Honestly try not to worry. Throughout my whole 1st pregnancy my bump was always small.. Every midwife appointment I was sent for growth scans. If you went for a growth scan now I think you know it would show she's fine. Next time you go for a measurement you'll probably be back in line with your chart. It could be as simple as your baby's lying towards the back today and other times was more up front.

I wouldn't worry about the heartbeat. As long as your feeling the regular daily normal Movements there's not much to worry about and your just going to end up stressing yourself which isn't good.

With my 1st I could never follow the 10 kicks because I never felt her move much! But it was normal for her and that's what I focused on.

I don't think my bump is small, i feel like a whale LOL! and it is quite big, i don't think i could get any bigger (though i will) LOL! She has been a bit quiet this week (for my liking) but as i said i've tried to take a step back for my own mind and tried to rationalize and think "i've felt her move, shes running out of room so bubs don't move much" bla bla bla.. But i do still feel her move, if i didn't i would be up that hospital.

I'm having growth scans too for low PAPP-A. Your measures are far bigger than mine, mine are all under 50th centile and at 32 weeks we dropped below the 10th. My baby is not a big mover, I don't feel big kicks a lot, never have. As long as you learn what is normal for yours that is what counts. Also scans are much more reliable measures than fundal height, and even the scan can be 20% out either way.

However that said you need to go to be assessed if you have any concerns at all. You are doing the right thing if you are worried to go. Have you tried a kick count app, where you can record and check if you are getting the 10 a day minimum they recommend?

It's such a stressful time, and we know when they are born we will just worry about other things to do with them! Big hugs, sorry I can't be more help xx

I don't do the 10 day kicks thing, if i get to the end of the day and feel happy with her movement say by 6pm then i'm happy if i feel she hasn't moved much at all then i'm up to triage (they must love me) LOL! for the last week i've been fairly happy with her movements, it hasn't made me want to race up the hospital but after this mornings appointment the only thing that will put my mind at ease is having a heart trace and growth scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->