Growth spurt nightmare.

S

Serene123

Caitlyn has formula 4 times a day but if her need for milk increases she still looks to my breast and not for a formula increase. I am soooo happy about that, don't get me wrong, but it's sooooo tiring. She still sleeps at night but only 5-6 hours now. I'm finding it really hard re-adjusting and she is getting so upset from being hungry and at my boob all the time. People keep telling me to just up her formula, but while she's still happy with trying for breast milk, why should I? Why should she suffer to make things easier for me?!

Anyway, just not sleeping too well and it's making me grumpy. :(

Why should she suffer to make things easier for me?!

What a fab attitude to have! Well done you. Unfortunately I was very defeatist and stopped breastfeeding as it was too painful and I used to cry everytime I did it! Hope it sorts itself out soon and you get a bit more sleep

aww hun i didnt realise you were FF and not BF that much any more

huge hugs xxx

I had a run in with a rude old man that knocked my confidence and I stopped being able to breast feed when I was out, so FF was the only option. :(

I am quite upset that I let him get to me so much. But hey ho what can you do?

oh thats rubbish - poor you. Come on, you're made of tougher stuff xxx

5-6 hours at a time, I would kill! Bren has been waking up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours every night lately.

Just try to remember her going to the boob all the time, is what tells your body it needs to make more milk for her. While it is frustrating for you both, it does happen for a reason.

Sorry to hear about the grumpy old man, ignore his ignorence!

Yeh, I would kill for 5-6 hours. Kaya wakes every hour at the start of the night and then every 3 hours when in bed with us. Luckily we co-sleep so I can feed her in my sleep lol.

Yeah I sleep with her too so I don't have to actually get out of bed untill her first formula feed.

I had a run in with a rude old man that knocked my confidence and I stopped being able to breast feed when I was out, so FF was the only option. :(

Ive had the same hun, and I cant express that mjuch either so Im FF when we go out which I never really wanted to do.

But anyway.

Seth is having a growth spurt too and its driving me mad, Im on the verge of giving up, but my HV said just to keep at it. Apparently the supply will increase. If you can manage it and you want to, then keep going. It should only last a few days.

xxx

She went to sleep at 8pm like usual tonight. Seems she was only out of wack for 3 days. I hope she sleeps untill 8am like she did before!

A friend who is a pediatrician said most things last 3 days. UGH, so I have another shitty night ahead of me.

Awww, hun.
It's rather tiring at any time looking after a baby.. but the growth spurts are draining. At least it's not permanent and it's a good sign.
You're right, don't allow them to bully you into submitting to bottle feeding. She's your baby, and obviously content with her mother's breast. It's not just about your milk at this time, it's about wanting her nurturing and loving mother beside her. It can't be easy for her, so she wants a little TLC.
I hate people forcing their opinions on other mother's parenting ways.

JUST BUTT OUT!

Why should she suffer to make things easier for me?!

Well, because if you really think about it if you're getting tired and/or stressed while trying to feed her, the stress will be in the atmosphere & she will feel it. Happy mother, happy baby. & vise versa.

That is ridiculous. All babies get stressed when they're going through a growth spurt. Doesn't mean mothers should stop breast feeding them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->