grr my mother!

Nemo and bump

mummy of 1 daughter
Reaction score
for our babys name we decided we liked the name bethany and had this from pretty much day one even before we knew what we were having.for a middle name we wanted a family name but one that went. we pick oh's great aunts name, Eva. everyone had said how they like it etc but my mother is going too far. she has told me that she loves the name Eva so much that shes not going to call the baby Bethany but Eva instead. ive tried explaining to her how this makes me feel and how would she like it if people called me katherine (my middle name) instead of elizabeth. so now shes saying we should call her Eva Bethany coz its so much nicer that way round.and shes even told her friends etc that baby will be called Eva. we dont agree with her and its really upsetting me. anyone got any ideas how to make her stop? its getting to the point im thinking of having no middle name even thogh its what i really want.

:hissy: id be so mad! what a cheek!! its ur baby, and im sure if it was the other way round ur mother wouldnt have appreciated someone calling u by a different name. Get her told, and tell her theres no excuses!!

:hugs:

You stick to your guns, she is your daughter and you call her Bethany, its a lovely name.
I cant understand y any Nanna wud want to actually call her grandaughter any name other than the 1 she has been given.

If your mam like the name Eva that much she shud have called you Eva.

:hug::hug:

v X X

You stick to your guns, she is your daughter and you call her Bethany, its a lovely name.
I cant understand y any Nanna wud want to actually call her grandaughter any name other than the 1 she has been given.

If your mam like the name Eva that much she shud have called you Eva.

:hug::hug:

v X X

lol thats true

hmm my gran always used to call me by my middle name, maybe its a grandmother thing lol

if ur not happy with it though, just tell her shes not allowed, or tell her she hasnt got middle name but secretly give her one lol

she'll have to get over it at the end of the day, u may have to keep correctin her for a while but im sure she'll get the hint soon enough

xxx

memo to ones self...next baby keep name a secret till they're here

:shock: That would really annoy me. I'm actually waiting on my MIL to do this (she gave Hannah a Chinese middle name--DH is Chinese). I don't like the name :blush: and will throw a fit if people start calling her that instead of Hannah :rofl:

I would be furious if my mum was acting this way, sympathise entirely. I think you may have to be very frank with her and explain that you have chosen Bethany Eva (which is a gorgeous name by the way) and that her refusal to accept the choice that you and your OH have made is really upsetting you. If anyone, especially your own mum, refuses to respect your wishes and stop upsetting you, you have every right to put them at a distance until they stop being selfish.

Failing this, just aknowledge to yourself that your baby is called the name you give it and no amount of childish behaviour on your mum's part will change that.

Hugs to you. Lx

dont you jsut hate it when grandparents do that lol.

My mums dad didnt like the name charlotte when i was born so thought it would be funny to call me Shallot (like the onion) :cool:

and then my dads mum wanted my mum and dad to call me Heather instead of charlotte just because it was her middle name!!

if i was you id just tell her to build a bridge and get over it!! after all she is your daughter and its very disrespectful for her to disregaurd your wishes that way.

That would really wind me up hun.....i'd tell her your not using the name Eva at all now because of her (im not saying dont use the name...just a little fib so she can get the idea of calling her Eva out of her head lol) xxx

You have to tell her you are not happy at all .
Bethany Eva is lovely.
My mum hates my DS name Zachery Joseph and refuses tocall him Zachery.
She calls him J.J. and we have had big problems about this.

Its your baby hun x
I stood my ground and glad I did xxx

You call the baby what you want, she's your baby! Besides the baby will answer to what you call her not what her grandmother calls her.

She cant go aruond calling the baby a name you havnt picked for a first name.confuse the poor baby.

what i dont get is why parents (ours) have to try and dectate what you call your child?? my mum does this also. I dont like names she choose and have to gag her with duck tape to stop with the awful names she has choosen and then she starts on me saying i have no taste?this is from someone that says to call my baby "Rudolf, Ruppert,Gray" etc

It got to the point where we rowed so much and she took hissy fits we dont even talk about it anymore. I know what ever I choose she wont like anyway she turned me off the girls name i have choosen and i am telling no one the new girls name at all.

Dont tell them until baby is born and registered that way they cant start with the mind games.

I wouldn't have it! My nan did that to my mum when she was pregnant with me - went around telling everyone my name was Danielle - even after I was born and named Merissa!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->