Grrrr - I am HAPPY its another girl.....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Gracemum, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Gracemum

Gracemum Full-time mum of 1

I have been getting some really odd reactions when I tell people we are expecting another girl.

Lots of people (including strangers, friends and even one family member) have made comments like 'oh well, fingers crossed for a boy next time' or 'Is your husband upset - would he have preferred a boy?'

I have actually wanted two girls my whole life and so am thrilled. Plus it makes me defensive over my bump, like people think she is not wanted. Plus I have boxes of pink babygrows from my daughter - its saved me a fortune!!!!

Anyone else had similar?!

2. humblebum

humblebum Mummy to 2 boys

Yep! One of the first comments I got when we found out was "Oh, what a shame, another boy!"

I'd have been delighted either way and am just hoping for a healthy one. As you say, it saves on the clothes (and they can share bedrooms etc when they are bigger)

3. BabiNo2

BabiNo2 Well-Known Member

I am the same, we're having a girl this time too and am thrilled. People always seem to put on a sad face and sometimes say things like "awww that's a shame" - WHY? Is so annoying!! x

4. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

I haven't had similar but I know people can be really thoughtless. Honestly, people say some really stupid things!

5. NOMORENUMBERS

NOMORENUMBERS Well-Known Member

i had that before we found out we were having a girl . .we already have a boy and everyone was convinced that i was having another boy, personally i would have loved another boy just as much as i love the fact i am having another girl! they would all say ahhh will you be upset when you find out its a boy, what are you going to do if its another boy, oh what a shame if its another boy . . . i always thought she was a girl but at the same time like you i felt really really defensive about my potential boy i felt really sorry for him that people assumed that i would be upset about another boy! actually i found it incredibly rude!

6. Flowermommy

Flowermommy Four beautiful daughters

Haha, don't get me started!! Girl no.4 for us. I swear, the next person to imply I'm actually disappointed with my own child will feel the wrath of a severely hormonal pregnant lady! Lol.

Seriously, we always wanted either 3 or 4 children, all depending on our financial situation, but why the Hell should I have to explain this to every moron in the street?? We weren't going for a boy people!!!

I adore my children, they're perfect because they're mine not because of gender!

Gah, idiots!! *and breathe* . Rant over, hahaha. X

7. laila 44

laila 44 Well-Known Member

Funny you mention this, I had a similar experience yesterday which sent me into a tizzy. A neighbour asked me and DH if we knew the sex of the baby while we were getting into our car and I replied "yes, as a matter of fact its a girl" he then said "oh, that's ok, girls are ok too! next time"...DH and I both looked at eachother and were like WTF?? little does he know that we're thrilled and wouldn't want it any other way! Plus, my DH always wanted a girl as our first...bottom line, it left me pissed all day! can't believe how ignorant and stupid ppl can be!!

8. Mother of 4

Mother of 4 Mom to 5 & pregnant

Yes! I've gotten this ALOT. We have 3 girls and 1 boy. Of course it crossed our mind that having a boy would help even things out a little but we would be more than happy with either a boy or girl! When we found out we were having another girl which would make it 4 girls and 1 boy the remarks started. That made me more down as I was just fine with it but everyone else around me was like oh too bad you didn't get a boy this time around. Thankfully no more comments have been made since we found out around 18 weeks!

9. lilwelsh1

lilwelsh1 3 happy kids+2 angels

i had something similar but not quite the same. I have 1 of each already and when i announced this pregnancy people said 'whats the point in doing it again? U have 1 of each already, u cant possibly have anything different'
    kind of rude! Like i was somehow wasting my time and everybody elses by getting pregnant!! Never mind the fact i've always wanted 3 children, didnt care what gender they were even when i was young lol.

I'd be inclined to tell people to p*ss off n take their negative comments elsewhere. people r stupid and when LO is born they wont say anymore, wonder y they say n e thing to start with :shrug:

10. Lucy22

Lucy22 Mama,Daddy & 2 Princesses

I'm getting the same reaction :shrug:
    Its like they're disappointed on my behalf or something, when really, I'm delighted.
    People make this really annoying face when I say I'm having a girl, its like they're saying "Ahh well, better luck next time!".
    I'm happy to give my LO a little sister. People should mind their own business :haha:

11. Flowermommy

Flowermommy Four beautiful daughters

Ahh Lucy22, my 4 year old also has Iris in her name - Iris Elizabeth!

Haven't met another Iris so far, never mind a young one. I love it. X

12. MummyinJune

MummyinJune Well-Known Member

How horrible!! my SIL had 2 boys and was releived!!
    Dont think people realise they can annoy/hurt u.
    I like it when i get all defensive of my bumo it makes me feel like a proper mum :)

13. Mya209

Mya209 Well-Known Member

How can a baby be 'a shame'. People are so rude! I've had my little girl and people are already saying I have to have a second so we get a boy for hubby! He loves his little girl and neither of us care about gender in the slightest! RUDE!

14. aileymouse

aileymouse Mummy to Amber & Georgia

I've had the same reaction as we are havig a second girl. I'm pleased we will have 2 girls as it makes things so much easier.

People ask if we will have another to try for a boy and the answer is no. I only want 2 children but they seem dissappointed that I won't have a boy....

15. Kiddo

Kiddo Well-Known Member

We're on team yellow but everyone seems to presume we're hoping for a girl this time. We'll be delighted either way. I'm sure it would be lovely to have one of each but I love having a wee boy and would be well chuffed to have another.

I grew up with just me and my sister and I wouldn't have it any other way. I can't imagine being as close to a brother as I am with my sis, we're best buddies.

16. Misty

Misty 4 children & 2 angels

People are so rude, aren't they?! :dohh: I am expecting my 4th boy, and the amount of times I've heard "oh well" or "oh, never mind" or just people laughing and walking off! Very rude! :growlmad:

On occasion, when I am feeling extra hormonal, I feel like saying "well, I did have a daughter, but she died of a fatal chromosome disorder" just to shut them up! Or is that cruel?! :twisted:

17. Mummy1506

Mummy1506 Mummy of 2 boys :)

We had some react like that when we first found out but not so much now, I love having my little boy & can't wait for his little brother to arrive. Of course it would be nice to have one of each but we are thrilled with our little man too :)

xx