gtt test ................fasting

shanny

mother of 4 and an angel
Reaction score
er i know i should know this--- havung test tomorrow am do i just go to bed and not eat in the morning? What time do i need to stop snacking tonight???

depends on what time your test starts. It's supposed to be a 12 hour fast leading up to the test.

Like mine was at 10 am, so I had a snack a little bit before 10 pm the night before, and started my fast at that point. No breakfast. During that 12 hour period, just plain water is allowed but drinking enough of it will help curb the hunger pangs.

My test was 9am and i was told to fast from midnight. I did the 2hr test.

It depends on the dr I would call I didn't have to fast. Some say yes some say no

I would check on your specific one. I did the one hour gtt and didn't have to fast. So I guess it differs...

I would check on your specific one. I did the one hour gtt and didn't have to fast. So I guess it differs...

For a 1 hr, you typically don't. For a 2 or 3, there's typically some form of fasting required.

I was told midnight...and on the leaflet I was given it said midnight as well. My test started at 9.30am . I guess most often than not these tests tend to be in the mornings so the same rule applies.

For a 1 hr, you typically don't. For a 2 or 3, there's typically some form of fasting required.

Ah I see. Wouldn't they just do the one hour one first? I guess the OP didn't really say which test she is having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->