Guess Who Got A......................

Caz-x

ʚϊɞ
Reaction score
Sewing machine today :happydance::happydance:. Am visiting my parents, and they took me to Dunelm Mill to get their £35 machine (DH gave me £40 to spend). My mum didn't like the look of it & put money towards a better one from Argos as an early xmas pressie :rofl:. So I have sat here tonight between feeding & bathing the children putting it together, learning how to thread it & practicing on a fleece wipe :haha:. I was terrified at first :rofl: & dont remember being so worried using one at school, but that was yeeeaaarrss ago:blush:. Going to pop into Boyes tomorrow & pick up some more threads & more bobbin cases plus machine oil (which I was apparently supposed to use before I used it according to the instructions:shrug:) & when I get back home I am going to attempt to make some cushion covers with some lush material I got from Dunelm. Wish me luck, if it all goes well i'm buying some PUL & attempting a nappy:happydance:

Congrats! I got myself a sewing machine a while ago and I am loving it!

ooh what sewing machine is it? I've been looking for ages for one. Bit scared though as haven;t used one since school :blush:

It's a Brother one. Lots of different stitches etc.Scared myself half to death last night trying it out :rofl:. Lots of practice will solve that though :haha: The ones in Dunelm were ok, Xerina got one in there for £10.49. It was a mini one that does one stich, battery operated or you can buy a power pack for it. They had a £35 one too that did about 14 different stitches. My DH gave me £40 to spend & I was gonna get that one but couldnt pass the opportunity to get a better one when my mum suggested it.

I want to have a go at nappies / fleece soaker & my cushion covers.

Oooh. Hope it goes well. I bought one the other day, I've made a blanket so far xx

Oooh. Hope it goes well. I bought one the other day, I've made a blanket so far xx

Wow, well done you :thumbup:. Been out today and got loads of poly threads & spare spools etc, oh, and some machine oil lol. What machine did you get?

The cheapy £10 dunelm one. Just to see how I got on. If I'm not awful I'll buy a better one x

I nearly got that one. I just remembered how much I enjoyed sewing at school back in the day :blush: so I changed my mind & was going to get the £35 one, then mum said she'd upgrade me lol so I jumped at the chance. I just hope the kids give me time to do something on it. Going to fill up all my bobbins today while I'm still at my mums so I'm ready to go when I get back home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->