gush of blood, 8 weeks :/

jenthough178

David - 29 DF
Reaction score
Hi all, am 8+3, and have been getting a few niggle pains and cramps low down in my pelvis the past couple days with seems pretty normal comparing to my two previous pregnancies, but was sat in front room a minute ago and felt a nasty cramping pain, then the urge to be sick, so ran to the bathroom and only brought up bile type stuff, then the only way I can describe it is when you're about to come on and you get that heavy ache really low down, almost like pressure, only this was a little more urgent, sat on the toilet and heard almost like I was peeing, only went on for a few seconds, but I definitely wasn't peeing. Looked in the toilet and water was bright red. Nothing in my pants, obviously there was loads of blood on the tissue and just kept wiping til the tissue was clean, had a little wash and have had absolutely nothing since. Any ideas? What should I do? Wait and see? I dunno :( x

:hugs: I would give your doctor a ring or local midwife unit. Hope your ok :hugs:

hun id go to a&e or call your mw and get checked out to be on the safe side! I hope everything is ok!! xxx

Thankyou for getting back to me. Mum and OH just say to keep an eye on it to see if it happens again or I get any pain, because I've had spotting in early pregnancy before, but never had a gush like that. So nervous. Was on some tablets before I found out I was expecting, and they can cause some nasty effects in unborn bubbies, I think that's playing on my mind. I'm really torn with what to do, I don't wanna be a nuisance or one of these that go running to the hospital for every little thing :( x

I wouldn't say this was a little thing hun I was told by my mw any bleeding should be looked at if anything for your peace of mind x

you wont be being a nuisance, I would reassure your self. When I was pregnant with my first lo the midwifes always said they would rather you come in even if it is nothing. They might be able to get you an emergency scan. I am sure if you ring they will tell you to go in

But I dunno who to contact, I haven't even been given my notes or seen a midwife yet. I called the hospital where they get the referrals and they said I should get an appointment within the next few days and that was Monday. Haven't heard anything, so I haven't got any contact numbers for any doctors or midwives to speak to? X

ring your doctors and they will tell you who to ring or nhs direct, or even just got to a and e, in my first pregnancy when I was ill before had notes I went to doctors who refered me to the hospital strait away

I had this with my first and third go to a&e right away to get checked x

I agree with the other ladies and hope it's nothing serious:flower: Anytime you have pain and bleeding you should definitely see the doctor just to be sure is what I was told. good luck and fingers crossed for you.

I had my first gush at 5 weeks, and then I had 3-4 more (all the way up until Christmas eve actually). I have a subchorionic hemorrhage and it can cause bleeding, spotting and some pretty horrendous cramps. And when I bled, it was a gush that would sometimes drip into the toilet, but for the most part would just be (tmi) a bloody tissue from wiping.

The doctors told me that since I have that hemorrhage, I only need to really worry if I'm soaking 2-3 pads an hour and/or passing huge clots the size of my hand. I never had anything close to that. But they also had me come in to check the heartbeat quite a few times since my doctor was concerned. She's a bit more relaxed now, and so am I. Looks like my hemorrhage is healing, but I will spot from time to time. I got a doppler and started hearing the heartbeat at the end of my 8th week. That alone eased my mind a LOT!

I'm hoping for the best for you. When you do finally go in, and they tell you that your pregnancy is fine - ask about a subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma/blood clot. They should be able to see it on an (internal) ultrasound. :hugs: Hang in there. Its not over yet.

Phoned the community midwife who I will be referred to and she told me to just wait and see, it's my 3rd pregnancy and should know what's normal and what's not. Just to wait and see. It's starting to make me feel that I'm being dramatic for the sake of it, because everyone seems so unconcerned except you ladies on here :/ I've had some very minor spotting since, I'll give it tonight and if it's still happening tomorrow morning I'll go to the hospital. Thankyou all for the support x

don't think you are being over dramatic because your not. When we have these precious life's inside of us of course we will be concerned. Every pregnancy is different so I don't think it matters how many time you have been pregnant as their will be different worries. I haven't been as sick this pregnancy and it worries me though last pregnancy I had the worry that the sickness would affect lo, I have also had more cramps this pregnancy and am dead on my feet with tiredness. Don't let others put you off getting reassurance. Hope you feel better

Phoned the community midwife who I will be referred to and she told me to just wait and see, it's my 3rd pregnancy and should know what's normal and what's not. Just to wait and see. It's starting to make me feel that I'm being dramatic for the sake of it, because everyone seems so unconcerned except you ladies on here :/ I've had some very minor spotting since, I'll give it tonight and if it's still happening tomorrow morning I'll go to the hospital. Thankyou all for the support x

With bleeding and pain I think they should have offered an emergency scan. It's rare but they should have ruled out and ectopic which they could do at this point as there would have been something to see. I wouldn't panic that it is but just be aware of any one sided pain or shoulder pain just in case hun. It can be dangerous if left to rupture. I hope all works out:hugs:

Sounds like the start of a MC.

A little on the blunt side!

Try not to worry sweetie. I had subchorionic hemorrhage at 8 weeks & had exactly what you are experiencing.I now have a perfect 13 month old boy fast asleep upstairs! But to ease you mind I would go to a EPU. I did when I had a bleed and I got a scan & got to see my little bean with a HB measuring bang on 8 weeks :) Big hugs xxx

I agree if you have anything else go t a&e xx

Update.. mentioned to my dad that I might need a hand coordinating my kids and getting to hospital in the morning, and he naturally asked why.. when I told him he arrived within half hour to take me to a&e. Heartbeat found, but referred to foetal medicine to tackle the issue of some nasty medication I was taking for 3 weeks at the very beginning of the pregnancy, which could cause some abnormalities, deformities, disabilities.. so gotta go in tomorrow to speak with the top consultant in foetal medicine in the region, to see what he says :/ on the plus side, we have a heartbeat!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->