gush of blood, 8 weeks :/

Blood supply isn't shared or passed to the baby until the placenta takes over (that is what I've been told). That is why women who drank in the first few weeks are told not to worry.

Yay for a heartbeat!!!! And I'm sure the rest is fine! :D

TELL THEM ur in pain peeing bright red blood and pregnant...they will tell u to come in right away..
either its nothing or it maybe a m/c or to me its sounding like a uti but a uti and pregnant is dangerous and can cause a m/c so i urge you to please go and be seen..

ill be praying for you xx

ah i just saw your update...im glad you saw the heartbeat :)

as for the meds dont freak out beforehand to much, there just covering there basis...

many women are on meds during pregnancy and babies are just fine..

so hang in there hun...

congrats on that heartbeat :)

good old dad!! thank goodness we have a heartbeat!! I agree try not to worry about the meds some women take drugs and all sorts and have healthy babies. xx

I am so glad they found heart beat for you

Sounds like the start of a MC.

A little on the blunt side!

Try not to worry sweetie. I had subchorionic hemorrhage at 8 weeks & had exactly what you are experiencing.I now have a perfect 13 month old boy fast asleep upstairs! But to ease you mind I would go to a EPU. I did when I had a bleed and I got a scan & got to see my little bean with a HB measuring bang on 8 weeks :) Big hugs xxx

I agree, and Amjon, a gush of red blood does not always mean that you're going to have a miscarriage. I had two bad red bleeds with my son. Bleeding isn't normal, but it is common. And, yes...from what I've read, it's 50/50, but still...that wasn't a nice thing to say, tbh.

OP, I'm glad you got checked out. I think it did warrent a scan. If I might ask, what medication did you take? I'm glad you saw a heartbeat, and I hope that all is well.

Try not to worry sweetie. I had subchorionic hemorrhage at 8 weeks & had exactly what you are experiencing.I now have a perfect 13 month old boy fast asleep upstairs! But to ease you mind I would go to a EPU. I did when I had a bleed and I got a scan & got to see my little bean with a HB measuring bang on 8 weeks :) Big hugs xxx

I agree, and Amjon, a gush of red blood does not always mean that you're going to have a miscarriage. I had two bad red bleeds with my son. Bleeding isn't normal, but it is common. And, yes...from what I've read, it's 50/50, but still...that wasn't a nice thing to say, tbh.

OP, I'm glad you got checked out. I think it did warrent a scan. If I might ask, what medication did you take? I'm glad you saw a heartbeat, and I hope that all is well.

Peeing blood is NOT normal. If that much is coming out it's normally NOT a good sign. I had that with my MC. If it's just pouring out more than likely it IS MC. A bit of spotting may be okay but not POURING out.

Peeing blood is NOT normal. If that much is coming out it's normally NOT a good sign. I had that with my MC. If it's just pouring out more than likely it IS MC. A bit of spotting may be okay but not POURING out.

I got you, dont think you where rude :hugs: just posting what you know about

its ok:hugs:

amjon enough is enough, I have privately warned you before and intervened on public threads about your insensitive posts... it's not acceptable, actually pretty cruel and upsetting in this case.

Bleeding can still lead to full term pregnancies. I bled the whole way through the first trimester (including blood when I went for a wee), my pregnancy buddy bled heavy and clots through her first trimester and both our babies are here today. Yes bleeding can be a warning sign but is there really any need to post such blunt negativity constantly!
____

Jen glad you found the heartbeat and hope you don't have any more worries. Good luck with the current situation regarding previous meds. x

Yes, Wobbles, and thank you for posting.I had two bad red gushes while I was pregnant with my son, and I bled brown for the first ten weeks. Bleeding does not always mean the worst.

thankyou for all your support and kind wishes. it's lovely to know that at any time i can come on here with any concern and you lovely ladies are here to put my mind at ease and even if that isn't always possible, to help me try to keep positive.

Jellybean, i was taking griseofulvin, had a bloody nightmare with my gp surgery trying to find out what this skin condition is that i have, it started with a tiny patch resembling eczema on one wrist and over the course of 6 months spread across my entire body. badly. it's everywhere, some patches are around 6 inches in diameter, others as small as a pea. itchy, sore, and actually a bit debilitating where the patches on my legs are concerned. sometimes they flare up so badly that it becomes really difficult to walk and drive, because of the rubbing on clothing or against the other leg. i was told eczema, been given emollients, moisturizers, steroids, then i was told ringworm, so was given steroid canesten creams, then put me on griseofulvin because it is so widespread and severe that the cream isnt having any effect. now they reckon it's psoriasis. tbh i just wanna know one way or the other so i can try to treat it before this baby is born, as i even have patches of it on my nipples, and i cant breastfeed while i still have it!

Update on previous situation.. after going to the hospital that night, the doctor had told me to come in the next morning (yesterday) to try and get to see a consultant about it all. i did go in, and did get to see a consultant (which is BLOODY hard work when you havent been given your red notes yet!) and she sent me for another scan and a blood test to test my liver and kidney function and a full blood count. had them both done that day, went back to show her the scan report and she seemed relatively pleased with it, nothing looks abnormal at the moment. Got my appointments through in the post this morning for follow up appointments and scans. by that scan i'm measuring 8+5 now, so it all seems to be going as it should :) xx

I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.I've had bleeding that's lead to miscarriage and yes, it can be like that. BUT I've also had bleeding like that and gone on to have full-term babies. With my current pregnancy, I've had everything from bleeding to clotting to cramping to spotting to pink stained urine when I wiped but u/s after u/s has shown baby is still doing fine and my uterus is okay. I'm heading into the 2nd tri so bleeding isn't necessarily an end all. Also, with her last pg, my sis had heavy bleeding (enough to need a pad for a few weeks) twice in the first 20 weeks but she went on to have a perfect little boy at full term. Blood is scary to see but if things seem to be progressing just fine, then I'd try to take it easy and hang in there.

Just caught up on this thread...and I'm glad to see you're getting some medical attention for the bleeding. Like others have said, it does NOT necessarily signify the end. I've had lots of brown spotting this pregnancy for no apparent reason, and my ultrasound a couple of days ago showed a baby measuring ahead, with a heartbeat of 167 bpm... It could be a subchorionic hematoma, something related to a cyst, or even a UTI. There are explanations for this, and the fact that you had a heartbeat is excellent news!

J stfreadng uhrough this thread and feeling a bit more hopeful. I am aprox 6 +5 with my first through IVF. Had a very bad cramp yesterday morning but more around my bum like constipation. I have been having constipation and not really taking much for it. I went to toilet and when I stood up th water in bowl was bright red. When I wiped I had red tissue with a clot the size of a pea.
I had cramps but more like bad gas cramps.
I went to hospital and they did an external exam. They said there is bleeding but not a huge amount.
Bleeding stopped an hour or so later and over the course of last night wit clots of farting the cramps have gone too.
I'm in the early pregnancy unit tomorrow for a scan to check things out and try find a heartbeat. Fingers crossed.
I'm still worried and wondered could I have bled for 2 hours and m/c in that time or would a m/c at nearly 7 weeks take longer.
My sister has had 3 m/c and 1 molear pregnancy so there is a history in family. Doctors said there is no evidence to say whether I could or could not be hereditary affected too.
Any words of encouragement and advice greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->