gutted about low iron levels

Ate you serious?? They'll let you home birth but not go to midwife unit? Barmy!

Your levels are so close that's great news! I'm sure you can get then up in time :)

I'm going to daycare for another blood test tomorrow...I'll be 37 weeks and 3 days so the clock is ticking!!

Try Floradix! It's amazing, I usually take it and then drink a glass of orange juice. Really helped get my iron levels up!

I used floradix. It worked for me and I didnt have any side effects.

Well with a home birth in the uk they have a legal obligation to attend me when I report I'm in labour, short of gatecrashing the birth centre and hijacking a room I can't force them to attend me there. It's a different team that would 'sign me off' as being a suitable candidate.

Crazy isn't it! Of my levels havent improved sufficiently when the time comes my plan is to labour at home as long as poss then present myself at midwifery unit and hope that I'll be so progressed they have to let me stay...not convinced it'll work especially as it's a shirt walk from labour ward but that's what I'm hoping!!

I had an independent MW but she was okay about doing a HB with borderline levels. I reasoned that there are some benefits of being at home because in general there is less risk of bleeding heavily at home. It helps that we live 5mins from the hospital too. Mine went down to 10.1 and I felt awful from it but thankfully I did get it up okay in the end anyway.

My birth centre is a standalone 10mins blue light from the hospital and they're very fussy about saying people can birth there. You have to meet their midwives and clear an assessment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->