Gutted :( Any amazing grotto's in the midlands?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherinegrey

Reaction score
Last year I heard about the Harrods Christmas grotto far too late, and it was too late to book tickets. So this year I promised myself we would go. It starts beginning of November. I'm pregnant with my second baby and due the end of November!

I already have SPD pretty bad so can barely walk already, so three weeks from my due date I'll probably be pretty big, sore and tired. I'll be struggling to walk and obviously London at Christmas is going to be rammed and I probably won't be able to get a seat on the train and am probably going to be shoved about.

Then after I'll obviously have a newborn baby! I can't imagine taking a newborn to London, it'd mean taking the double pushchair and obviously working around feed and change times, and it'll probably be cold and I'll still be recovering from having the baby. I suppose I could leave the baby with grandparents and still go, but I can't see me wanting to leave such a young baby for a whole day!

To top it off our new build house is due for completion in December, it'd be just my luck whatever day I happen to book would be the day they'd want to give us the keys.

But I REALLY wanted to go :brat: I think I'm just going to have to accept this year is not practical and maybe next year we'll go.

So, does anyone have any recommendation for an amazing grotto to meet Santa in the Midlands/Staffordshire area please?! Last year we went to Merry Hill and whilst it was okay, it wasn't amazing enough for me to want to go rushing back.

Last year we went to The Magical Christmas at Drayton Manor. My DS was just turning 2 and DD was nearly 4. They could both go on the rides at Thomas Land. They both loved it, the grotto was good too :)

https://www.draytonmanor.co.uk/page.php?page=drayton-s-magical-christmas

We hope to go again this year

We always go to House of Fraser in Birmingham town (next to bullring) its gorgeous in there and LO loves it xx

No suggestions unfortunately but just wanted to add in as i'm from the same area! :) Wombourne/Kingswinford. :) x

We went to the shugborough hall candlelit Christmas last year, it was absolutley beautiful and I really recommend it.
other places my friends have been is chase water which is supposed to be brilliant, the safari park and the Santa express at the Severn valley railway.
Oooh another place we went last year which was really magical was Cannock chase, its the same place the gruffalos child trail is on so you can do that and see Santa and they have stalls selling hot chocolate etc, its really beautiful!

dont know if its too far but sundown adventureland is amazing at xmas they have the night before xmas ride takes you through the magical north pole to see santa and his real reindeer its truly magical

we have already booked my baby is due jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back