Guttering problem & fascias

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

We live in a 2 bed semi detached and the house is just a nightmare. Owned it for almost 4 1/2 years. Basically our corner of the guttering on the back is overflowing (started approx few weeks ago). I never looked up there before so cant say how different but the fascia on the underneath now looks tatty and I am worried about damp! We cant afford to get the guttering and/or fascias completely done until towards end of next year due to finances. I got someone to come and have a look at the problem and it dips at the end. The end bit cant be lifted anymore so they were going to lift the next bit across and also replace a joint in between ours and next doors where there has been a dip for a while now which isnt a major problem and also clean the back bit of our guttering for £40 (glad as we really cant afford much at the moment ). Now I cant get hold of person to see when they can come and sort it for us. So I am guessing it is going to have to be left.

I was wondering how long until this turns into a bigger problem and causes damp on the inside of the walls? I am fretting so so much and just imagine the worst of everything! I am back to work recently from maternity and am on reduced hours, money is tight anyway so trying to get some debts paid off and back on track which wont be done til approx 1 year time.

Is there anywhere that does this sort of thing on finance in the West Midlands, how long til this turns into an even bigger problem?

Sorry for the fretty nature of this, I am just panicking!

Thanks!!

Well the huy is fixing the little problem today! I am gonna try give him an extra fiver or so as we dont have much cash atm. My hubby is a moron though and made me fret saying if he does a botch job its my fault!!!! So now I am worried what if he does! Lol. Although I have said to him when we want all the fascias etc doing that we will give him a call.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->