• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

"Guys, f*cking God is a naughty word."

LegoHouse

Mummy of one of each <3
Reaction score
OMG!

So last week I had my friend over. And you know how you have conversations and forget there are little ears? Well one of us must have said the dreaded F word! My daughter comes and sits inbetween us and grins. I was like, are you OK? She was like, "guys..... f*cking God is a naughty word" and she just looked at me for my reaction.

Well I was trying not to wet myself laughing! My friends chuckling under her breath! After I managed to stop breath laughing I told her that I was sorry I'd said a naughty word and she wasn't to say it again...

But :rofl:

:rofl:

I'm so worried about this, Louie's not at the stage yet where what I say matters but I can imagine me doing this all the time, I need to get a grip on my potty mouth now before he starts becoming like a little sponge! So cute though xx

She's really good, she doesn't copy swear words she knows they're naughty words but she does tell me off for saying them. She's never actually said one when telling me off before though it did take me back! Normally she says, "Mummy you said a naughty word?" And I'll have not noticed so I'll say, "what naughty word did I say?" and she'll say, "I don't want to say it" :rofl: That's why we were so surprised!

Ooops :rofl: sometimes those words just slip out though! I did it last week and DD copied, luckily she's not said it again!

LOL Mine has said "naughty" things a time or two but my nephew took the cake yesterday..his hamster jumped out of his cage and all you heard from Aiden was "Well Fuck!" :rofl: I died with laughter! My brother and sister in law of course died from horror! But it was hysterical!!

When my son was young, I used to tell him there are "adult" words and children's words. And "fuck" and "shit" are adult words. When you're big, you're allowed to say them.

I didn't want to tell him they were "naughty" as I didn't want him to think his parents were doing anything wrong.

Now that he's almost 14, he likes to throw one in there now and then... and I let him. He's a 5'11" teenage boy... I'd be daft to think he's not going to swear now and then! But when this little one gets to be a little sponge? We'll be back to "there are adult words and you don't get to say them as a child."

(I use this same tactic for things like alcohol. There are adult drinks and there are children drinks. When you're an adult, you can try them.)

Eeek :haha:

We had this too! She kept saying "for fuck sake" :shock:

I ignored it and she stopped saying it after a few weeks, was so embarrassing!

At least she knows its not a nice thing to say! My son has said sh*t a couple of times but we just ignored it and he hasn't said it again. I hope he doesn't pick up any more, we don't swear around him but DH uses the f word sometimes when he is on the phone and he forgets little ears are listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->