Guys, long time no speak!

Josephs_Daddy

Joseph - born 27+5
Reaction score
How are we all!? (Hope some of you remember me!)

Well, Joseph is growing to be quite a remarkable little boy!

unfortunately, me and his Mum split back in March and I now live with my Dad until the new year and I can find my feet again. Joseph lives with his mummy.

Joseph has been registered blind but this has not been related to any form of ROP. The opthalmologists say that it is a rare retinal disorder and they are struggling to 'label' it, so we're unsure. He can only see dim lights/shadows to his perhipheral vision.

Yet, he is stunning. The neonatal consultant has recently discharged him from his clinic and called Joseph 'A Remarkable example of a bright baby'. His visually impaired tutor says 'She's worked in this field for 25 years and has never met such a brave child.'

He can navigate his way around a room confidently after only being in there for a minute or two, as he feels his way around. He's known his alphabet since 17 months old and now counts to 40 (he was only 2 in October). His vocabulary is massive, knows many many nursery rhymes. He is purely amazing.

So I hope this goes out as a story about a child who suffered a brain haemmorhage, underwent a blood transfusion, spent ten weeks in NICU, suffered internal bowel problems and comes out unscathed.

It really can turn out amazing for anyone going through this. Keep strong.

Hi there :flower: Thanks for coming back and updating us. Sorry to hear that you & your partner have split up, and I do hope that you are coping well with getting appropriate access to Joseph - who sounds like a real live wire :D Give him a hug from us when you next see him :hugs:

I always wonder how you are doing!

Joseph seems to be doing wonderfully and your story gives so much hope to others out there!

I'm sorry things havent worked out for your relationship but you are such a passionate father and Joseph is as blessed to have you as you are to have him :)

Hey!

Great to hear about Joseph, it is wonderful to hear he is coping well despite his problems.

Very sorry to hear about the breakdown of your relationship. Having a preemie and a child with a disability can put such a strain on a relationship and often leads to make or break. Our own relationship got much stronger but it could have so easily have gone the other way. I often think couples counselling should be offered more to people going through it. And too often dads are forgotten about in the journey. Hopefully you are coping with being apart from your wee man.

You asked about us on the other thread, we are doing great. Abby is now two and a half and has cerebral palsy but we are lucky it is very mild. Like Joseph she manages to enjoy a happy life despite her problems.

Keep us updated on his progress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"