Gym ball?

Cherry_bump

Mum and TTC
Reaction score
Did your gym ball work to get you in labour with previous pregnancys?

Nope! Bouncing didn't bring on labour, or change DS's position (he was back to back) but I think it does for some people. Or at least it can help to get LO into a good position so even if it doesn't get things going it can still help. Especially if you eat cake whilst bouncing :haha:

I've been told in my antenatal classes that bouncing up and down on it when you're in the early stages of labour at home can help the baby move down. Also, and this has worked for me with my sciatica and bad back, it can help with pain relief; i find sitting on it and moving my hips from side to side can definitely help with pain. I'm going to use it for pain relief as well when I'm in labour at home and will also use one of the many balls available in hospital if I need/want to :thumbup:

I'm hopeful!!

My mums got 3 and she's bringing me one next weekend :)

I think the main thing is staying upright and moving. Walking is great too.

I bounce/ rock on my fit ball for a hour or so everyday and when I get up she deffinetly feels lower. I was checked by the midwife on Friday and I have gone from a long hard closed cervix to a soft 50% effaced, 1/2cm dilated one! It may just be a coincidence but I'm going to keep bouncing till this baby girl falls out!!

I'm seeing my OB this Friday so it will be interesting to see if things have developed further.

A ball is good during pregnancy.
TERRIBLE during labour, it stops contractions because you and the baby get too compfy.
My advice- when your in labour, or think you are just walk around, lean on objects etc and get rid of that ball. X

I loved my ball during labour i used it a lot in early stages andhad a 7 hour labour. Dont know about bringing on labour but was great for my spd and sciatica

I loved my gym ball lol I used it a lot in my last few weeks. When I was in early labour stages at home it really helped :)

I haven't got round to blowing it back up yet, and I'm a bit worried to because of my DD. he's only 2 and I don't want her to try and jump on it and hurt herself :/ x
[/COLOR]

My waters broke on my birthing ball after my sweep x

It hasn't started labor yet but I do believe it helped in getting LO engaged!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->