Had a bad fall

pinkpeonie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum.
I am 38 weeks pregnant and today i had a really bad fall. I was upstairs collecting drinking glasses to wash up and fell down the whole flight of stairs, i know i smashed my head on the front door, i had to crawl through the broken glass to get to a phone. I know it sounds dramatic but it was really distressing.
Anway, paramedics got me to the ambulance and i was checked out in the labour ward, thankfully the baby is fine as they took a trace and eventually it started moving after going quiet for a long time. I was also getting tightenings every five minutes or so but not painful contractions.
I'm okay, had a few cuts and bruises and after a good check up got sent home.
Now i have bad headaches and groin pains. Despite taking painkillers that they gave me, i still feel pretty shoddy.

I don't know whether to call them again, half knowing that they will check me over and send me home again. Or just sit it out until the morning.
Does anyone have any advice??

Yikes! Is baby moving? If baby is moving and you're not having contractions I wouldn't go, but if you're cramping, or contracting, or baby isn't moving i'd go get checked out again!

Hun if u dont feel right go back please .....hope everything is ok plz keep us updated xxx

Baby is making little movements, but i'm feeling little aches/cramps in my foof! and the headaches seem to be getting worse.

I agree with Serina - if you don't feel right please go back. It's a great sign that baby is moving, but you are far enough along for delivery now to be an option. I know someone who had a bad car accident (was dragged along the road by a car) a couple of weeks from her due date - baby was fine but they decided to deliver anyway as they couldn't rule out any broken bones even though her baby was moving fine, as they couldn't xray. They were both fine but I think it was more a 'just in case' as they knew her baby would be perfectly safe on the outside. I'm sure there are no problems at all but if you feel at all worried about being at home I'd go back in. Hope everything's ok :hugs: x

Baby is making little movements, but i'm feeling little aches/cramps in my foof! and the headaches seem to be getting worse.

With you smashing your head into the front door hard enough to break the glass, I'm surprised they didn't keep you in longer for you to be monitored - I thought they usually kept people in overnight just for observation following a head injury. I'd go back :hugs: x

Thanks so much for your replies, i'm going to ring them and see what they think.
I'll keep you updated.

xx

Yea. if you're having cramps and the head pain is worse I'd go back to!

Sam'smum, the broken glass was from the drinking glasses that i was holding at the time. Thing is, even though i said i had a nasty bump on my head they didn't check it. They checked everything else but not my head.

Please let us know how you are when you get back if you do go in. Hope everything's ok x

Thats awful hun, i fell down some stairs at xmas but not as bad as what you have done, glad baby is alright but still i would go back too, suprised the shock hasnt started you off! keep us updated xxx

Aww hun I would deffinately be calling the doctor back like you said you are. With your headache I would be really worried that they didnt check you over more thoroughly any head injury needs to be taken seriously even if it were just a little fall... That being said if LO is moving then I am sure he/she is fine... My OHs mom got hit by a car dead on in the stomach at around 28 weeks pregnant with him and he is fine (well it gives me a reason to pick on him when he forgets things... I know I am evil) but it did start up her labor which could be what the pains might be as your on pain killers it might be more like contractions if you werent.

PLEASE keep us updated hun!

Please go back to the hospital,they shouldn't have let you go like that.
Please keep us updated xxx

i'd agree with the others - get it checked out. hope you're ok, good luck and keep us posted x

Poor you.... Take good care and keep updating please xxx

Awwww, thanks everyone for your well wishes. I went back to hospital to get checked over, did another trace on the baby....outcome fine. I'm having stronger tightenings, They checked my head and eyes and everything appears to be fine.
My groin is still tender but they think that the ligaments were stretched a bit and seeing as i am getting tightenings anyway it could just be that.
The good news is that i have an appt with consultant on monday morning and they will think about inducing me early as both my previous babies were 10+ pounds.

wow 10+ lbs?!!! holy WOW! lol Glad you and LO are OK :hugs: hopefully theyll agree to induce you! Some get well :dust: for you, I'm sure you are still very tender :hug:

oh glad to see you got checked! yes gravity played a trick on me last week and had regular contractions needed medication to stop them... and the ligament pains I can totally relate with, it was horrible!

So glad you went back hun and that all is okay, good luck for tomorrow, I hope all goes well and you have your LO soon, please let us know how it goes, have a nice quite day, take care :hugs: XX

glad everythings ok hun!, you take it easy!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->