Had a D&C on 3/16/17 pregnant?

Selinet

TTCAL
Reaction score
I had a D&C done on March 16th. 15-days later on March 31st I felt I was ovulating & had intercourse. Though I have PCOS after having my son four years later I became regular. Tomorrow the 16th it will be 2 months from D&C and haven't got my period. I feel tired all the time, and now I have what I believe it could be a head cold. Runny nose, sore throat, lots of mucus, sneezing headache coughing. To be on the safe side I am taking Robitussin MD & Tylenol only one today and it seems to be helping a little. Is it too early to do a pregnancy test?

One more thing, I have been feeling very, very light cramps but nothing. Anyone?

A positive might show up by now if youre pregnant, since it's been 15 days since you had intercourse.

Do you mean you had the d+c in Feb? or it's only been one month since the d+c? either way if you thought you were ovulating and had unprotected sex 2 weeks ago a test would probably show up now! Good luck x ��

I had a D&C on March 16th. Had unprotected sex on the 31st. Thanks ladies for the encouragement. I'll be buying a test this week. Will definitely keep you posted xoxoxo. Nervous & anxious😓

It's possible but not probable. A dnC is very invasive (I had one as well) and it takes a good 3 months to build up a good environment and endometrium for the embryo to implant. Not impossible though... GL

Idk my last two lost beans there were girls checking in ahead of me getting chewed out by the receptionist for having back to back elective DNCs. Both said the same thing: I didn't think I could get pregnant that soon after my last DnC. So I'm in the camp it's possible. For me, it always delays my ovulation a few weeks and my lining takes a while to recover. So who knows. Gl testing!

Thank you lady's. I just went for a blood test today Thursday, April 20, 2017. I get my results tomorrow. I wanted to wait until May, but I started bleeding on Tuesday, but used only one pad all day, same for Wednesday & today except less each day but the very red. I don't know if it's too early but my belly after the D&C was supper flat & now well...not so flat & I pray it's a positive otherwise I'll need to try again but b4 I do I would need to know if there is anything wrong. Keep me in your prayers xoxoxo. I'm scared & excited to find out. Will get results hopefully by 3:30pm...I will definitely keep you ladies posted. I am blessed to have friends that can truly understand by experience. Not that anyone should go through this experience it is a very painful one.

Glad they got you in for a blood test! Keeping my fxed for you!

So I didn't get a BFP nor a Negative, persay 😕result was at a 1.7 and I need to test again in 2 weeks to see if the number goes up or down... Meanwhile, I am still feeling light cramps that wraps around my lower back. The torture of waiting is agonizing 😟😟 & exhausting 😧😧I'm still stuffy, and intermittently I feel my nipples as if they are wet but they are not. Symptoms that I felt for my recent pregnancy. I will not get my hopes high but I will monitor myself. & in the event to try again I started an ovulation kit just to see where I'm at if its a ngtive then I will continue to monitor to see when I ovulate if I do not ovulate and it comes out positive on the next check up then I will stop checking just covering my basis.

1.7 is a negative.
Anything over a 5 is positive. You can have a 5 and still be negative.
But 1.7 is really a negative .

Ok, thank you. I rather know for sure this way I can start trying again. I appreciate your response 😊 what I don't understand is the light cramps & lower back pain I've been feeling going on 2w now. I still feel my nipples as if they are suddenly wet or cold. Ever felt that b4?

I disagree that 1.7 is really a negative. It is a negative, and some women do have low levels of hcg but my betas are <1. I'm glad you are being retested in two weeks. I'm surprised they didn't decide to do 2-3 days or even just one week, but shrugs. But given that you JUST had the DNC it's most likely leftover hcg. You can still ovulate with very low levels of hcg in your system. My hpt was still supppper faintly positive (squinter on a frer) when I Oed after my DnC. If I had to guesstimate my hcg would have been around 10. Sorry you have to wait 2 more weeks.

Tbh, a DnC really messes with your body. So try not to symptom spot.

Really good info thank you. With that note, I will definitely retest in 2w as planned. Yeah, it sucks the after math of having a D&C. HUGS!

I've always had a period like bleed about the time my tests have gone almost negative after a d&c, usually abut 4- 5weeks after the procedure. It definitely messes with your body! I fell pregnant again one things had a chance to reset. Fingers crossed for you xx

I did a HPT today 4/27/17 and well it was a BFN. While I waited to test I had already started an OPK & on April 23rd I got 2 lines and I had sex the same day. In case I wasn't prego, I didn't want to loose out on the chance. I will give myself till May 9th, I have an OBGYN appointment already scheduled for that date. If my calculation is right by then I will be 16dpo good enough time to get a good result. I'm moving forward. I will not be saddened by this. Since now I have something to look forward to. I pray this is it. My 5yr old doesn't know I had a D&C and still thinks I'm prego. So I hope I don't have to tell him.

I finally learned how to post here..lol this is my April 23rd opk result. That same morning I had sex, then 4 hours later I tested and to my surprise, this is what I saw. Any feedback? should I be hopeful?

Attachments

• OPK 4.23.17.jpg
    OPK 4.23.17.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
:hugs: I'm so sorry. If you do decide to tell him, there's a loss forum. I'm sure some ladies have great ideas on phrasing and how to go about it. I'm sorry it looks like leftover hcg. But your body is on it's way to healing. Fxed for your bfp soon

Thank you DF, I will look into those forums in case I need to tell him, though I am praying I don't &#128532; left over hcg for sure. Staying hopefulfor next month. Thank you for your support xoxoxo. I will keep you posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->