Had A Huge Shock At My 4d Scan Today

Bunnipowder

Reaction score
So went off to my 4D scan today and they asked if i knew the sex so i said yes a girl and they asked whether i want them to confirm it so i said yes thinking there is no harm in that, so when they start the scan and he says its a boy thinking he was asking me as the docter wasnt in the room when i told them its a girl. and he said no my first instinct is that its a boy. so he was scanning the face and i said can we try and look again to see if its a boy or a girl and so he scanned down and there in4D was his little boy's private bits!!:blush:

I cannot believe it, I just kept thinking "what about all the PINK stuf iv'e brought" i wasnt even bothered that its a boy it has never bothered me about the sex.

So i have came home and sorted all the clothes out ive brought which has got to go back tomorrow even muslin cloths and dummies are all pink and girly so going to have to go on a mad shopping spree tomorrow.
Im back to the drawing board now with clothes and a name id choose before for a boy im not sure i even like it anymore.

question for you all though? All of the tags are still on the clothes and i have all the reciets but i started buying clothes from May when i thought it was a girl so the 28 day refund policy wont apply but hopefully if i explain what happend they might still give me credit vouchers, what do you think?:shrug:

Wow what a surprise!! I hope you get your refunds/exchanges done. xXx

WOW what a suprise!! You should be able to get credit notes for the stuff, i take it you'll just be swapping most of it for blue lol

What a suprise!! Im not sure i think it depends on the shops :) XXX

I go in for my 18-week scan on Wed and we have decided to ditch the Team Yellow plan because neither of us can control our curiousity.
But! Eeeek!
This is the kind of story that makes me nervous!
How accurate are ultrasounds? 4D is probably excellent, but the 2D... should I trust the results?
Well, I guess it all just comes down to some shopping in the end. And if you do get a surprise in the delivery room, well... you sort of get the Team Yellow experience after all, don't you?
lol!

Wow that makes me nervous now!:shock:
What a surprise! Hopefully the stores will refund your money! Or if not, why don't you just stick a blue ribbon on his head or keep something that says "I am a BOY!" on him?

Yea i imagine that they should sympathise, congrats on your blue bump!! x

wow i hope you can change all the girly bits you have brought! I kept having dreams something like this was going to happen to me! But i bet your glad you had that 4D scan and found out now and not at the birth!

Awww... What a surprise...

Hope they refund or give you store credit!!

awww, you should get things changed ok. at least you know for sure now ;)

Awww wot a surprise i imagined this to happen to me i had another scan last week and saw her bits in 4d but still part of me is a lil anxious about it lol. I hope you manage to exhange all the pink things. Congratulations on you blue bump :)

lol, this is exactly why I havent bought any clothes yet! I am having my 3d/4d in a few weeks to check.

wow at least a shock now then at the birth!!! I have no idea on the shops, sorry :o(

OMG! You seem so chilled out about the news..... I'd be in total shock for a bit I think.

I cant see any poblem with getting an exchange of goods at the very least, but if you want your money back don't be afraid to ask because I think in some shops it's down to the manager's discretion.... and this is a most unusual situation!

xx

Its a good job you asked them to look as well :) my OH mum is a midwife and she was telling me that shes had a few women in her time give birth and its not been the sex they were told at the scan....

uhoh! this is the reason im staying team yellow!

My thoughts exactly!! Whats the point in finding out if it's not 100% certain!!!
Hope they manage to exchange your goods for you - I don't think it'll be a problem when you explain. Good luck!!!
And congratulations on the little boy bundle!!

this happened to one of my friends. was told TWICE she was having a girl and the day she gave birth out popped a wee boy! she was so happy to have a healthy baby and didn't care about the genger, but she didn't get many refunds on items she had bought as she had washed all the clothes, removed tags, lots recepits etc!

i am team yellow so no surprises for me!

hope you get some refunds etc.

Christine
X

ooo congrats on yoir blue bump hunni. im sure if you explain they wont mind. i mean its not as id the clothes have been worn so hopefully their wont be a problem
xx

I would be so mad! :o If this happens to me I'll cry! :laugh2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"