had a latte.. now nervous!

lusterleaf

Reaction score
I used to be a coffee drinker until I got my BFP and stopped... well yesterday evening I was shopping in a store where they have a Starbucks near the exit, I got a coupon for a discounted gingerbread latte which sounded great, so I got it. Now I am nervous because I guess I wasn't used to the caffeine content of it, that it kept me up almost all night! Just nervous now that it may have harmed the baby.. I know it was only once but hoping all is ok!! Anyone else out there have coffee products in moderation and was everything ok?

i had one or 2 coffees every day when pregnant. if it was tea id have a couple more.

You'll be fine. Starbucks lattes hardly have any coffee...it's more like milk and sugar with a splash of coffee.
Lots of women drink small amounts of coffee throughout their pregnancy, or at least the first and second trimester.
I think if you were to be a regular coffee drinker throughout your 3rd trimester, that's when you'd be at risk of your baby being born with caffeine withdrawals.
I have a friend who was/is an avid coffee drinker and she didn't even know she was pregnant until she was about 5 months along...so even past the first trimester, she was consuming lots of coffee, rum, and other "herbal supplements" and her baby was huge, healthy, and perfect...and so good and calm. Now she's 4 years old and sharp as a whip

You can have up to 8 ounces of caffeine a day and be fine, no worries.

I drink a large coffee with 200mg caffeine every day. Did with my youngest as well. You're good ;)

you will definitely be fine. You are allowed caffeine in pregnancy and a latte is definitely under the recommended maximum x

i had one or 2 coffees every day when pregnant. if it was tea id have a couple more.

Same here, when not pregnant I drink energy drinks so the 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day were a must, im more than certain baby will be fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->