Had a miscarriage a month ago, round ligament pain already?

vvvoid

me and the fiance
Reaction score
I just had a miscarriage about a month ago.
My HCG levels were 13567, but it was a missed miscarriage, 2 weeks prior they were 55k. Never got a clear answer on how far along I was, the baby stopped developing at 6w6d supposedly, but when I went into labor and delivered it it was the size of a golf ball in the fetal sac...placenta about the size of a baseball...so apparently the ultrasound tech was off. I had missed my period for almost 3 months already.

Anyway, I have had sex with my fiance pretty much immediately. afterwards a few times a week. My cervix was closed after labor so I wasn't worried about infection or anything. I know, risky, but oh well.
Here I am a month later and I've been getting dizzy spells, I feel tired, moody, I'm having increasingly white milky discharge [not the kind from an infection], and for the past 2 days I've had what feels exactly like round ligament pain.
Being that I haven't had my period since the miscarriage, I really don't know where I'm at in my cycle. But I DO NOT get round ligament pains during PMS. These are the sharp twinges that feel like fine needles on the side and over the front of my uterus, they occur any time I get up or make a sudden movement.
My question is, is it too early? I've read a lot of women say they notice round ligament pain before any other pregnancy symptom, but I just had a miscarriage with hcg of 13567, so I'm wondering if this is even possible.

I got pregnant with my daughter a couple of weeks after a mc at 8 weeks so i'd say it is possible :)

I just had a miscarriage about a month ago.
My HCG levels were 13567, but it was a missed miscarriage, 2 weeks prior they were 55k. Never got a clear answer on how far along I was, the baby stopped developing at 6w6d supposedly, but when I went into labor and delivered it it was the size of a golf ball in the fetal sac...placenta about the size of a baseball...so apparently the ultrasound tech was off. I had missed my period for almost 3 months already.

Anyway, I have had sex with my fiance pretty much immediately. afterwards a few times a week. My cervix was closed after labor so I wasn't worried about infection or anything. I know, risky, but oh well.
Here I am a month later and I've been getting dizzy spells, I feel tired, moody, I'm having increasingly white milky discharge [not the kind from an infection], and for the past 2 days I've had what feels exactly like round ligament pain.
Being that I haven't had my period since the miscarriage, I really don't know where I'm at in my cycle. But I DO NOT get round ligament pains during PMS. These are the sharp twinges that feel like fine needles on the side and over the front of my uterus, they occur any time I get up or make a sudden movement.
My question is, is it too early? I've read a lot of women say they notice round ligament pain before any other pregnancy symptom, but I just had a miscarriage with hcg of 13567, so I'm wondering if this is even possible.

I am in basically the same EXACT situation as you, same timing and everything. My mc began Feb 24 and I only bled (but bled hard out) until March 3rd, began to O March 4, O'd March 5th, had sex with OH night of March 3rd and every night after for a few days, and then again a few days later, and started having pregnancy symptoms that had tapered off with the end of the mc return. I'm feeling similar pains and especially horrible, very painful bloating and constipation today... breast pain is bad today, too. I think it's possible, my friend also had a mc and conceived immediately after, didn't get period next cycle and found out she was pregnant again and now has a healthy 1 year old baby girl! :) I'm hoping here's good things for us! :hugs:

I got pregnant with my daughter a couple of weeks after a mc at 8 weeks so i'd say it is possible :)

Well that's awesome :)
I mean, is it possible that I got pregnant while I was still bleeding? I had a very, very hard miscarriage. I went into labor and the contraction was SOLID for 1.5 hours, I bled so much I went into shock because I refused to go to the hospital [did not what them doing a d&c] during labor...by noon the next morning I was so faint I had to go. Almost needed a transfusion. I bled for at least a week and a half.

I'm constipated suddenly, but my breasts are not sore yet. So on the checklist, have dizziness, fatigue, round ligament pain [I know it well, when I get pregnant I always have intense round lig pain], increased milky cervical mucus...

No nausea, but then I didn't get much nausea at all this last time I was pregnant...I was [I believe] 3 months in and never threw up once.

Weird thing is, I felt ovulation pains only 8 days ago. I have cystic ovaries so it's possible it was something else, but I really know that pain well. No EWCM though. I have read some women feel round ligament pain almost immediately, in the first week, especially if they have been pregnant before.

So sorry for your loss and what u have been through. Your symptoms sound promising... Have you done a test? I started having what i think are rlp at 5 weeks.

I get so confused about round ligament pain. So many women swear they have it throughout the first trimester, but if you look at information about it, it pretty much isn't supposed to start until the second tri.

Are you guys just talking about uterine pains or...?

I get so confused about round ligament pain. So many women swear they have it throughout the first trimester, but if you look at information about it, it pretty much isn't supposed to start until the second tri.

Are you guys just talking about uterine pains or...?

I know, I know what you mean. It is confusing because it "shouldn't" happen so soon but I swear I don't know what else it could be.
I am having uterine pain right now, but the past 2 days it was a different kind of pain. It was like some filament or something on either side of my uterus was being pulled every time I moved suddenly or walked for too long. It's in the exact region, right here:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5aAnb1vK7mY/TBKxq01nStI/AAAAAAAAAXM/iVMQQD17hMY/s1600/hips.jpg

But today and most of yesterday, it has been a dull ache in my uterus. Like fingers poking out from the inside of my uterus or something. I'm also really constipated, I'm wondering if being too "full" in your abdomen can make your uterus sore in very early pregnancy when your uterus is also stretching? Is that possible?

It's a little early for me to be getting period cramps, and my period cramps NEVER feel the way this stuff feels...my period cramps begin like the day I start bleeding, usually not until after the first bleed, and feel like very minor contractions. These pains feel nothing like that, they feel like random little twinges and pokes and pain. It's like everything down there is very tender. My cervix is too. TMI but during sex last night I was wincing and kind of pulling away if, ya know, my fiance hit my cervix.
Too early to really test for pregnancy, especially since I miscarried a month ago and can't tell if a + is just from leftover hcg. So I'm left to try and decipher all these weird little things I'm noticing suddenly.
I wonder if it's normal for your uterus to be extra sensitive if you get pregnant only a month after labor?

So sorry for your loss and what u have been through. Your symptoms sound promising... Have you done a test? I started having what i think are rlp at 5 weeks.

No test yet, I'm too afraid. On the one hand, my hcg levels could still be high enough to get a + a month after the miscarriage, so I feel like POAS test won't help me much right now. Also, if I am pregnant and my hcg had fallen to 0 before I ovulated 9 days ago, I don't know if I'd even have enough HCG to test + again yet.
I swear my uterus feels like a pulled muscle today! It's sore as if from stretching, it feels nothing like PMS.
I am not making it up in my head, either. The first couple days of this I worried it was in my head, but today it feels like someone punched me in the womb, lol, from inside of the womb.
The pain isn't intense, it's dull, but it's constant so it's very irritating. When I press on where my uterus would be very low down, right by my pubic bone, it's sore.
As for my breasts...it seems like when I press on them today, there is an every so slight twinge of tenderness that wasn't there 2 days ago. But that really could be in my head.
This is all so confusing :(

No test yet, I'm too afraid. On the one hand, my hcg levels could still be high enough to get a + a month after the miscarriage, so I feel like POAS test won't help me much right now. Also, if I am pregnant and my hcg had fallen to 0 before I ovulated 9 days ago, I don't know if I'd even have enough HCG to test + again yet.
I swear my uterus feels like a pulled muscle today! It's sore as if from stretching, it feels nothing like PMS.
I am not making it up in my head, either. The first couple days of this I worried it was in my head, but today it feels like someone punched me in the womb, lol, from inside of the womb.
The pain isn't intense, it's dull, but it's constant so it's very irritating. When I press on where my uterus would be very low down, right by my pubic bone, it's sore.
As for my breasts...it seems like when I press on them today, there is an every so slight twinge of tenderness that wasn't there 2 days ago. But that really could be in my head.
This is all so confusing :(

were you not blood tested until your HGC levels dropped below 50? ive gone through that trauma twice and both times i went every other day for up to a week for a blood test until it was below 50

were you not blood tested until your HGC levels dropped below 50? ive gone through that trauma twice and both times i went every other day for up to a week for a blood test until it was below 50

Yeah....it took two MONTHS after a miscarriage for me to give a neg preg test.

My doctor said there was no need to have repeat bloods or repeat ultrasounds unless i kept on bleeding or developed any signs of infection. So i think it depends on the doctor. Last i knew my hcg was over 2000, then 4 weeks later i got a bfp which was a new pregnancy.

I wasn't blood tested because I have no insurance and each test is 75 a pop. The first blood draw 2 weeks before my mc was 55k. The day of the mc it was 13k. I ovulated 10 days ago and am spotting as of today. Since 3dpo I've had weird twinges and pulling and getting dizzy and ravenous. No real PMS cramps just twinges and stretching feelings. Have to pee every few mins. Very confusing. 9po is pretty soon to have AF.

just curious, i have had what feels like ovary pains and muscle ache across the bottom of my stomach, kind of like if you sneeze of cough sitting wrong and it pulls. is that what you are feeling? i hope that made sense!

My doctor said there was no need to have repeat bloods or repeat ultrasounds unless i kept on bleeding or developed any signs of infection. So i think it depends on the doctor. Last i knew my hcg was over 2000, then 4 weeks later i got a bfp which was a new pregnancy.

I think it also depends on the country. We are all in different parts of the world :)

just curious, i have had what feels like ovary pains and muscle ache across the bottom of my stomach, kind of like if you sneeze of cough sitting wrong and it pulls. is that what you are feeling? i hope that made sense!

The pulling part is very similar but when I ovulate I get deep achey/burning pains in one or both ovary. This pain is more in my uterus.

I was tested before I miscarried and tested at 55k, but during the miscarriage I tested at 13k.
I got [what I believe to be] my period about 5 days ago.
I'm not bleeding anymore but the round lig pains and weird stretching pains in my uterus still aren't gone. I had no typical period cramps, none of those contraction like cramps I get normally, all I feel are stretching pains and tugging round lig pains. It's so confusing!
My bleeding was light and clotless. I have lost weight but my breasts are larger. My body is sending me tons of mixed signals! Gah!

Sometimes it's like ovary pain from sudden movement like sneezing, more often it's like the feeling of my uterus being pulled or stretched, sometimes just from walking, others from sudden movements. Definitely a lot of sudden jolts of tugging/pulling pain.

sounds the same as what i have been feeling! fingers crossed for you!

I got pregnant with my last daughter 3 weeks after a miscarriage at 10 weeks, so definitely possible :)

Well, pregnancy is definitely a possibility. Many women get pregnant immediately after a miscarriage.

I have to say though in your case, I don't know that the uterine pains are necessarily signs of it. Of course, you could still be pregnant. But I will say that I had uterine pullings and pains following my miscarriage; the uterus shrinks, and so it's natural to have the same pains you would if you were newly pregnant again.

As far as your doctor's advice to not test unless you were bleeding or got an infection--as I said, I gave positive preg tests for 2 months following miscarriage and it took me all those two months to get down to below 5 HCG. I never got an infection or bled. But the whole time I had a retained piece of placenta, about an inch long, which caused me to retain the HCG. I had to have it removed surgically in a D&C-type operation before pregnancy would've been a possibility for me. If they hadn't continued following me, I don't know if I would have known about the retained placenta and that would've been a problem. It never turned into bleeding or infection for me; it just sat there, being a stupid little piece of placental tissue.

I was shocked to find I was pregnant again less than a month after that surgery. I'm 14 weeks today and fingers crossed.

Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->