Had a miscarriage a month ago, round ligament pain already?

Well, pregnancy is definitely a possibility. Many women get pregnant immediately after a miscarriage.

I have to say though in your case, I don't know that the uterine pains are necessarily signs of it. Of course, you could still be pregnant. But I will say that I had uterine pullings and pains following my miscarriage; the uterus shrinks, and so it's natural to have the same pains you would if you were newly pregnant again.

As far as your doctor's advice to not test unless you were bleeding or got an infection--as I said, I gave positive preg tests for 2 months following miscarriage and it took me all those two months to get down to below 5 HCG. I never got an infection or bled. But the whole time I had a retained piece of placenta, about an inch long, which caused me to retain the HCG. I had to have it removed surgically in a D&C-type operation before pregnancy would've been a possibility for me. If they hadn't continued following me, I don't know if I would have known about the retained placenta and that would've been a problem. It never turned into bleeding or infection for me; it just sat there, being a stupid little piece of placental tissue.

I was shocked to find I was pregnant again less than a month after that surgery. I'm 14 weeks today and fingers crossed.

Good luck to you!

Thanks so much for the thoughtful response :)
I tested negative for pregnancy at the doctor's office around 8 days ago, and got my period the following day. I am guessing what spurred these pulling and pinching pains in my uterus was the onset of menstruation? I only bled for 5 days, I've been off my period for 2 days, and still have the same painful stretching/pulling feelings down there. I had no typical menstrual like cramps the entire period, and never in my life have I had pain continue AFTER I stopped bleeding! This pain doesn't feel like period pain, but it started a few days before I got my period [after having no pain for weeks after my miscarriage] and continues today. It's frustrating and draining. It's not a major debilitating pain, it's just enough to make me feel drawn and exhausted oftentimes. It hurts especially after I walk for any significant distance or exert myself.
I haven't tested again since I started bleeding. I know some women actually have what appear to be periods during pregnancy but I doubt I'm pregnant, it must have just been a strange period [the bleeding was much lighter and more erratic in color than usual, with very little lining/mucus, mainly just blood of varying colors] and the period must have just aggravated my uterine pain. I had a particularly intense miscarriage. I went into labor big time, I had one solid contraction for an hour and a half with no break, and I lost so much blood I went into shock with a bp of like 60/something by noon that day. So my uterus is probably extra sore from everything.
Congratulations :)
I am going to TTC this cycle, I'm using Answer brand OPK but so far I'm getting no test line!!!

I am in the same boat. I had a miscarriage 5 weeks ago (delivered a piece of the placenta four weeks ago after everything else had passed a week earlier). Haven't had a period. That was my third pregnancy and in all three I have had intense round ligament pain. With my first son, it started in the second trimester. With my second son, it started in the first trimester. But with my third pregnancy (miscarriage), it started about one week after conception. I was taking pregnancy tests on a regular basis at that time because I was suspicious of pregnancy based on the RL pain, and finally got a positive long after the pain had started. Now I am having the exact same experience, but I did not have normal ovulation symptoms if I conceived when I had sex. I am guessing this is because I was immediately postpartum/post-miscarriage. I've been taking pregnancy tests, but should know for at least another week if I did conceive. But I've never had RL pain except during my three pregnancies so I have a strong suspicion.

I also meant to add that I have been using ovulation test strips and never got a test line, so I am not sure whether I even ovulated.

Well, pregnancy is definitely a possibility. Many women get pregnant immediately after a miscarriage.

I have to say though in your case, I don't know that the uterine pains are necessarily signs of it. Of course, you could still be pregnant. But I will say that I had uterine pullings and pains following my miscarriage; the uterus shrinks, and so it's natural to have the same pains you would if you were newly pregnant again.

As far as your doctor's advice to not test unless you were bleeding or got an infection--as I said, I gave positive preg tests for 2 months following miscarriage and it took me all those two months to get down to below 5 HCG. I never got an infection or bled. But the whole time I had a retained piece of placenta, about an inch long, which caused me to retain the HCG. I had to have it removed surgically in a D&C-type operation before pregnancy would've been a possibility for me. If they hadn't continued following me, I don't know if I would have known about the retained placenta and that would've been a problem. It never turned into bleeding or infection for me; it just sat there, being a stupid little piece of placental tissue.

I was shocked to find I was pregnant again less than a month after that surgery. I'm 14 weeks today and fingers crossed.

Good luck to you!

I've been wondering about the HCG thing. I have had negative tests since shortly after my miscarriage completed (and by "completed" I mean the piece of placenta I delivered one week after the baby and the rest of the placenta and tissues delivered). If I've been having neg preg tests since that time, is it safe to assume I've passed everything? I'm uninsured and potentially needing a surgical procedure scares me to death for the financial reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->