Had a scan yesterday at 4 weeks, ADVICE please!

charlottex

Reaction score
So I went to the hospital yesterday as I was experering pains and they decided to do a scan, now I've never had a scan at this early stage before so didn't knw what to see and still don't knw, but all there was a sac :/.
I have no idea if this is normal and now I'm really scared that no baby will be there :'(. I have to go back in 2 weeks.
On the letter they gave me it says- intrauterine pregnancy of uncertain viabilty :'(
Someone help please?

That means its in the right place and they haven't seen the hb yet - you wont see this till about 6+ weeks (some places wont even look for it until 8 weeks).

At 4 weeks all you would expect to see was the sac, until about 5.6-7 weeks when you would see a little bean. did they mention a yolk sac too?

Try not to worry :hugs:

Perfectly normal hun - don't worry, sounds spot on for your dates. x

perfectly normal i went for a scan 2 weeks ago, was 5w 4 days and i saw nothing but a sac, went back today and saw little bubs heartbeat and everything! dont worry at all its perfectly normal xxxxxx

At 4 weeks, they saw exactly what they are supposed to see. Sounds good!

Just so scared :(. Hoping in 2 weeks, there is something there!
Thanks ladies!

I had the same situation! Turns out it was a cyst that was giving me the pain, but with regards to the scan i had to wait to weeks too. I was sooo stressed i didn't sleep the night before, but as clear as anything there was the heartbeat and everything was fine. Try not to worry too much, i'm sure everything will be fine! xxx

Hi hun I had this with DS 4weeks 3days and there was only a sac went back at 6week 3days and we saw his tiny heartbeat, try not to worry too much hun xx

I'm trying not to worry, but easier said then done eyy.
X

I had a scan at 5 weeks and there was only a sac, had another one thie Sunday and there was a heartbeat too, 4 weeks is too early for a heartbeat, so keep your hopes up, it all sounds normal! although i dont see why they have to scan so early, sometimes they just scare people for no reason. Best of luck! :)

I had a scan at 5 weeks 5 days that only showed a sac....no yolk sac or anything. At 6 weeks 3 days I had a high risk scan that showed baby, yolk sac, and heartbeat. It's way too early at 4 weeks to see anything! Try not to worry!!!!

They had to make sure it wasn't etopic. I hope that little heart will be beating!

try not to worry im sure everything will be fine

I had a scan at 4 weeks 4 days with this current pregnancy and they saw NOTHING, not even a sac. I'm currently 7 weeks and doing fine (fingers crossed). I had a lot of pain early on and that is why they did the early scan. They said at 4 weeks, it's perfectly normal to see nothing and not to worry, as that is what they expected to see (nothing). I have another scan at 8 weeks and hope to see a baby with a heartbeat!

Try not to worry yourself (I know, easier said than done) but 4 weeks is WAAAAAAY too early to see anything. You likely won't see a heartbeat until 6+ weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->