Had a terrible accident

Logiebear

Mum to 4 darlings
Reaction score
last night and my 18 month old fell down 6 stairs from standing to face down. He has knocked out his bottom 4 front teeth. There was blood every where and he was screaming so much. I panicked as I too fell down the stairs. We went to hosp in an ambulance and saw a Dr within an hour. We have had to take him to a special part of Manchester Royal Infirmary today to get his teeth sorted out!! They were lying horizontally across the gums where they had ripped right through the gum!! I feel sick when I think about my baby having so much pain. The Dr this morning used some anaethetic spray and then pulled the teeth out with pliers. It was so awful, I am totally traumatised from having to hold him down and listen to the screaming!!

He now will be without front bottom teeth til the age of around 7!! I am worried that it will mean he will have so many problems learning to bite and will effect his speech too!!

aww gosh sorry to hear this...if its any concelation i knocked mt 2 front teeth out when i was very little and had none growing up and my teeth and speach have been ok ....good luck hope he feelin better soon xxx

oh no! im sorry your little one had to go through so much pain :( and for having to bare it as well. My little cousin fell off his bike when he was very young and knocked out his front teeth as well, years later things have gotten fixed and everything came in and healed nicely. luckily it was not his permanent set that got knocked out, although i know it is still very hard! :( i hope he starts feeling better and down the road his new teeth come in healthy and fine!

awww I am sorry you both had to go through that.
I don't have any practical advice I'm sorry, but I wanna send you lots of :hugs:

:hugs:
My gosh, I couldn't imagine going through that. I cry when Colton gets his shots. I cannot imagine doing what you had to do.
You seem like a really strong woman and I hope your little boy gets better quick.
:hugs:

so sorry :nope: that is so scarey, my dd2 done this a few months ago, broke her front tooth (it was her big tooth though :( ) and the panic I felt was awful..:hugs:

Oh, I am so sorry for what the both of you have been through. It must have been awful.
I hope you are both feeling better soon.
:hug:

poor little thing, that sounds so scary for both of you.

xxx

I fell down the stairs with my little lady when she was about 4 months so know what that horrid sicky feeling is *hugs* tahnkfully we were not hurt ...I do feel for you both.

Cuddles to the little man x

Must have been horrible for your both :( at least the damage isnt irreplacable, hope yous both feel better soon :hugs: x

oh the poor little man thats horrible, my lil man was 18months when he had to have 8 teeth removed four of which were in the front and he was just fine eating and with his speech so dont worry he should be just fine. xx

Aww poor things,:hug: Hope both of you are feeling better soon :hugs:

Thanks so much to all you lovely ladies for the kind words. I am aching so much today and Shaun is getting back to his normal smiley self already. Kids are so resiliant and adaptable. We could learn a thing ro 2 from them!!

I just need to shake the feeling that it was all my fault!!

Oh that's terrible! I cant possibly imagine how you feel!!! Dont worry about his teeth, my niece knocked her 2 bottom ones out and it turned out ok

Ah hun definatly don't blame yourself, at least your both ok- well apart from the aches! x x

What a horrible accident for both of you but its amazing how quickly kids bounce back to normal pity it wasnt so easy for us poor mums :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->