Had an early scan today

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Sakura-chan, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Well-Known Member

I went to have an early scan today (instead of Thursday) due to a threatened miscarriage yesterday (severe cramps after a fall)

We saw our little goma-chan and heart beat (130 beats per minute!) and he looks fine!!!!! Had a blood test and waiting for HCG levels to come back again...

They did put me back on my due date- Based on my LMP and when I ovulated ( I temped the month I got pregnant) my due date was 19 December but the technician said I was less than 6 weeks 2 days, and the bean looked to be 5 weeks 6 days (three days off)- is this normal? Has this happened to anyone else?? Should I be worried about this? The technician said the due date she gave me is definitely accurate and that is the one I should go by from now on...

2. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I am glad your scan went well and that baby is doing fine. I hope you are feeling ok after your fall.

xxx

3. Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan Well-Known Member

Thank you- I am feeling much better now that I know bub is healthy.

OH has been sick with the stomach flu though and now I am coming down with it...EEK!

4. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

glad it went well.
    your due date may change again when you get your next scan... id probably take the due date from 20week scan :)

5. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

glad all is well!

dates all depend on implantation etc aswell..

6. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

Glad it all went well.

Reading the literature, it's quite common for them to re-estimate your EDD by a week or so either way at early scans, I wouldn't worry.... x