Had Anna's 8 month check today...

Sure it's fine!! Grace weighs nearly 15lb at 5 months but she's got 2 chins and a big belly and isn't very active at the minute unlike Anna. I'm sure the MW would let you know if there was anything to worry about

I don't think there's a normal... Sam weighs less than the 3 other boys we know who are the same age but he eats well and I know he's healthy. He was 18lb 6oz at 8 months, and he seems a bit longer than Anna - and she definitely looks healthy :D

Are we all meant to have an 8 month check? Is it at the doctors or did you just go to a clinic to get her weighed? x

I had the nurse come out to do her check. My mum has had her appointment sent out for lilly, too. And all the other mum's at breastfeeding cafe who's babies are reaching 8 months have got their appointments as well. It's at this check where they get their doydee cup and a few other bits and bobs like books and toothpaste haha It's mostly just to check on their development and make sure they are coming along nicely and there are no concerns about their sight, weight, development, hearing or anything of the like :)

Have you not been sent one? I'd ask your HV about it or ring your doctors office to ask them x

Kacy had one, i'm waiting for Kira's to come through soon.

Tasha, anna weight is fine hun, all babies are different, kacy weighed about 9lbs when she was 8 months old cos she just didn't stop moving but she is perfectly healthy, she is just getting to two stone now and she is nearly 3.

Kira is nearly 8 months old getting her weighed next week, and she was 15lb 70z the last time i got her weighed and that was the beginning of the month.

as long as she is happy and healthy she is absoutly fine hun

I don't think there's a normal... Sam weighs less than the 3 other boys we know who are the same age but he eats well and I know he's healthy. He was 18lb 6oz at 8 months, and he seems a bit longer than Anna - and she definitely looks healthy :D

Are we all meant to have an 8 month check? Is it at the doctors or did you just go to a clinic to get her weighed? x

I had the nurse come out to do her check. My mum has had her appointment sent out for lilly, too. And all the other mum's at breastfeeding cafe who's babies are reaching 8 months have got their appointments as well. It's at this check where they get their doydee cup and a few other bits and bobs like books and toothpaste haha It's mostly just to check on their development and make sure they are coming along nicely and there are no concerns about their sight, weight, development, hearing or anything of the like :)

Have you not been sent one? I'd ask your HV about it or ring your doctors office to ask them x

That's weird...I had him weighed a couple of days before he was 8 months, chatted to the HV about a few things (Sam was refusing bottles because of his teeth and she suggested I bought one of those cups). He was given a bag with some books ages ago but I haven't been sent anything recently. I'll ring the doctors and see what they say...thanks :D x

Edit...Just called the doctors surgery and she had no idea what I was on about! I'll take him to be weighed when he's 9 months and ask the HV x

That's weird...I had him weighed a couple of days before he was 8 months, chatted to the HV about a few things (Sam was refusing bottles because of his teeth and she suggested I bought one of those cups). He was given a bag with some books ages ago but I haven't been sent anything recently. I'll ring the doctors and see what they say...thanks :D x

Edit...Just called the doctors surgery and she had no idea what I was on about! I'll take him to be weighed when he's 9 months and ask the HV x

How odd :huh:

Maybe they don't do them every where? Foxyroxie just had her 8 month check so I know I'm not the only one on the forum who did! haha

Odd.

I think I'll make a poll.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back