Had my 10th baby at home on tuesday!

babyno9

Living in a madhouse!
Reaction score
I finally got my planned homebirth! :happydance:

During my pregnancy i had to speak to the head of midwifery to get my homebirth and then see the supervisor of midwives who just went over my risks with me and made sure i was making an informed choice.

I started contracting last saturday morning, they were every 10-15 minutes for about 6 hours and then stopped. Later that evening they started again and then stopped. I got woken up at 3am sunday morning with contractions again every 15-20 minutes, they were more painful than the previous day and lasted about 9 hours before stopping again. I then got the odd contraction for the rest of the day. Monday was basically the same, woken early hours with contractions although they were quite painful there was no pattern to them, they were just coming as and when all day and then seemed to fizzle out by the evening.
I had a feel of my bump and could feel all the limbs at the front so gathered the baby was lying back to back. I spent alot of monday on all fours and bouncing on my birthball... oh and crying because i was so exhausted and thought i was going to be like this forever! :dohh:
Monday night i took myself to bed at 9.30pm with the right arse, no contractions. Nothing.
Tuesday morning i got rudely woken by a really painful contraction at 3.47am, i dozed back off thinking 'yeah ok, as if its labour'. lol 7 minutes later i got woken by another, and then 7 minutes later another and so on...
At 5am i took myself into the living room and they started coming every 6 minutes, i woke the baby's father who was sleeping here. Told him i was contracting every 6 minutes, he timed them and said 'no they aren't, they are every 3-4 minutes!' I still didn't think i was in proper labour, although the pain was something else this time i still thought they'd stop.
I managed to get upstairs to the toilet and as i stood up it became obvious that this was it and the contractions were coming every MINUTE! FOB runs off downstairs to get the phone to ring the midwife, it was about 5.30am by this time, inbetween puffing and groaning into a towel so i didn't wake the other kids i managed to give myself a shower down so i was clean. lol
I got back downstairs and got on all fours half on half off the sofa and then was stuck :haha: With each contraction the pressure was emense and it felt like my waters would go at any time.
I vaguely remember the midwife arriving and getting the G&A out straight away, it was about 5.45am when she arrived. She told me the second midwife was on her way. She gave me a quick VE and told me i was fully dilated and it was just the bag of waters holding baby back. I told her to break them but she said she would as soon as the second midwife arrived.
The second midwife arrived about 10 minutes after the first at 5.55am, the first midwife broke my waters straight away like requested and my baby was born in two pushes! :cloud9: Was a very quick delivery in the end and i'm so happy i got my homebirth after wanting one since pregnancy number 5 but was always told no!

Baby Stanley was born on his due date weighing in at 7lb 5oz! :)

Congrats and so happy to hear you had a homebirth (and a particularly quick one at that)!!!! I'm guessing that makes life easier anyways with all your other kiddos :)

fantastic!!! huge congrats!

awwwww brilliant fingers crossed mine goes that easy :) WELL DONE YOU XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->