had my 8 week scan today

EmmaM2

new mummy
Reaction score
Hi ladies - this wont be of interest to many but i just really wanted to share! Well as the title says i had my 8 week scan today - i was so nervous i felt sick and was convinced something was going to be wrong. With all the truly sad stories we here i felt that i was going to be one of the unlucky ones.

Well it was all over in a flash but there was my squishy bean on the screen before our eyes - heart beating away. It was amazing! She put my dates back by 4 days so i'm actually 7+3 which now makes my due date bang on August the 6th which is my 30th birthday!! I had a funny feeling that was going to happen! Feeling soooo happy now. :cloud9:

Awww bet you feel really happy.. Congrats honey..
mine went the other way (my little bean is just a slow grower - like me).
bet you just fell in love straight away ( i know i did at my 8 week scan - where my dates got put forward).. it's normal to worry about everything, even when i was going for my second dating scan and i'd already seen a heartbeat and everything, i still panicked! we're mummy's-to-be.. it's our job!! :)
Now you can enjoy your pregnancy knowing your bean is okay!!
xxxx

aww hun that's lovely, i'm not due my 8week scan until 11th jan :( it's soo far away lol hope mine goes aswell as yours xx

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev235pr___.png

https://www.justparents.co.uk/images/genderpred/predictedBoy.gif

thanks allier - yep feeling pretty excited now and over the moon. We have been tempering our enthusiasm through fear but feeling great about it now. Unfortunately i fell over on the ice on the way home to bring me back down to earth quite literally with a bump! :haha:

sammynashley, good luck with yours, it'll come around quickly,
and it's lovely to see at 8 weeks, cause you see the heartbeat and everything!!
i'm due my 3 month scan just before then!! :)
xxxx

Hi Sammy - thanks! I booked mine in when i was only 4 weeks or so and i thought the wait was going to kill me but it has come around really quick - hang in there - by the time christmas is over it will be here before you know it. Good luck - let us know how you get on.

yeah, you'll be living on cloud 9 for about a week if you're anythng like me..
although i'm starting to worry a bit more again.. haha!
ooop.. haha!! :) i did that this morning walking to the shop.. whoever thought it was a good idea to put shops at the bottom of a hill, was crazy!!
xxxx

Orrr thats brill news Emma! :thumbup:

Glad everything is going well for you.

awww thats great hun glad everythin went well.... im 7 weeks and got to see the midwife on wed so by the looks of it ill not have my scan until after the new year so ill be more than 8 weeks... or will she try and get me in just after christmas ?? xxx

That's great news, so glad to hear it all went well x

Thanks ladies - still smiling!

Wiganlass - Hope all went well with the midwife, i haven't seen mine yet. 8 week scans aren't routinely given on the nhs. I went private for an 8 week scan as i am an anxious little bunny. Unless you have had previous difficulties (which i'm hoping you haven't) you wont get an nhs scan until 12 weeks. Hope that makes sense. x

Thanks ladies - still smiling!

Wiganlass - Hope all went well with the midwife, i haven't seen mine yet. 8 week scans aren't routinely given on the nhs. I went private for an 8 week scan as i am an anxious little bunny. Unless you have had previous difficulties (which i'm hoping you haven't) you wont get an nhs scan until 12 weeks. Hope that makes sense. x

thanx alot im only seeing the midwife on weds so fingers crossed everythin goes well... itll not be long untill im 12weeks just hope everythins ok its a scary feeling untill i know for certain everytins ok xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->