Had my baby boy, but almost lost him. PLEASE trust your instincts

I'm so glad he's ok now! Not all midwives are hopeless though, please don't tar them all with the same brush. Mine was fabulous.

I used the same midwives with my third child and they were wonderful. I had a perfect pregnancy and delivery with her. They are still being supportive, three weeks postpartum (I was discharged back to their care) but if I were to ever have another baby, I cannot bring myself to use a midwife again. I would go the OB route and schedule a c-section. There's too much emotional trauma and I'd be too scared of it happening again.

That was even hard to read. I'm so sorry you had to go through that, while it could have been avoided with a thorough follow-up. I'm very glad to hear you are both ok and cuddling a lot. Congratulations!

Oh my goodness! What an ordeal! I am so happy you are recovering and that your beautiful baby is doing well and snuggling with you.

Please give him lots of hugs and kisses from BnB!!
You are a superwoman girl!!! WOW!

Were you diagnosed with excess amniotic fluid before birth?

No, Nessah, I wasn't. I started measuring 3 weeks ahead at 28 weeks but didn't have any tests or ultrasounds to find out why. The OB who delivered thinks I may have had gestational diabetes, but I was never tested for it either.

Asher is 10 weeks old now and doing great!

Attachments

• 10670069_370359189786800_1018331448883672907_n.jpg
    10670069_370359189786800_1018331448883672907_n.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 6
he is SUPER cute!!! glad to know everything is going fine with you, despite such a harsh birth story.

this put me in tears. ty for sharing your story. im so happy u gave birth to a healthy baby though. it broke my heart hearing u have to say ... "if u cant save me, save my baby" i can only imagine how u felt. I dilike how doctors dont listen to the complins we have and alwasys brush it off until its too late. u went with ur instincts and couldnt even get the ultrasound u wanted. this couldve prevented a lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->