Had my baby!! C section details+ ill answer questions!

19Mommy

Monicas Mommy
Reaction score
I had my baby girl monday 4-29-13, and I named her Monica Rose (mia for short). I had a scheduled csection so I went into the hospital and found out the little period cramps I was having were actually contractions!! They were 4-6 minutes apart and lasted about a minute and a half so either way she was ready to come out :) . Ill go over what happend to me just incase you guys are nervous about yours:

They hooked me up to the machines, asked me questions and I had to change into one of those stupid gowns. Then I got tons of IV fluids, and had a chat with the anesthesiologist. Then they wheeled me back into the csection room. My mom was there with me but they didnt let her back with me until after the spinal was in. When I was getting the spinal I didnt feel alot of pain just discomfort (He had to try different times as I was feeling the left side getting numb) but when he finally hit the right place they layed me back and I began to feel tingly. there are a lot of questions regarding spinal/epidural pain and to me THE SPINAL DID NOT HURT, it was just uncomfortable, pain wise maybe a 4. So after I was numb they put the sheet up and the anesthesiologist kept talking to me asking if I was uncomfortable or nauseous. If you feel nauseous TELL THEM! DO NOT WAIT!! So my doctor poked and pinched me down there and I didnt feel a thing, they inserted the cathater once I was good and numb and then they started the csection, I felt nothing but tingles, it was a pretty wierd feeling. After about 10 minutes I felt tugging (I was litterally being shaken around the table from side to side) and finally she was born!!! At 5:51pm My big girl was born at 9 lbs 13 oz, 20 inchs long.She was handed to my mom because they had my arms tied down. My mom cut her cord (which the dr said was VERY healthy) and they bathed her and her and my mom went to the nursery. The doctor said it was good I had a csection, as they even had trouble getting her out that way too. they sewed me up and put staples in me (never felt a thing) and then I was wheeled back to my room. My mom came back with the baby and the nurses and I finally got to hold her. The baby was NEVER out of my sight or my moms sight BTW. I wasnt aloud to eat until around 4am the nurse let me have jello and popsicles. The next morning I was up walking by 6am and my catheter was out at 7am. My IV was out by 11am. ONLY TIME I EVER FELT SEVERE PAIN WORTH SAYING A 10 WAS WHEN THE NURSES HAD TO PUSH ON MY STOMACH AFTERWARDS. Getting the cathater out wasnt really painful, really unconfortable kind of like when you have a bladder infection and you go pee. I had to stay for 2 nights, because I had lost so much blood. My baby slept an hour the first night, and kept cooing and making baby noises all night. I was able to come home wednesday (may 1st), I LOVE MY BABY!!!! Ive been getting more and more sleep since monday, and my milk came in yesterday :) Baby mia has only lost 4 oz since birth.

Id like to thank all of you guys for your support uve givin me these 9 months :happydance: Heres baby Monica:

https://i44.tinypic.com/t5gjv8.jpg

https://i44.tinypic.com/30jgswi.jpg

https://i43.tinypic.com/33f97kg.jpg

Ill answer any questions if u guys have them about csections or anything :) :hugs::happydance:

She is SO beautiful, and I think it is WONDERFUL that you are so open and willing to help other moms who may have c-sections! Currently, my girl is breech, so a c-section isn't exactly out at this point!

I do have a question; why were your arms tied down and why did the nurses push on your stomach after the operation? My friends who've had c-sections say the same thing, but never had an explanation as to why.

Thanks! LOVE the name, too!

She is SO beautiful, and I think it is WONDERFUL that you are so open and willing to help other moms who may have c-sections! Currently, my girl is breech, so a c-section isn't exactly out at this point!

I do have a question; why were your arms tied down and why did the nurses push on your stomach after the operation? My friends who've had c-sections say the same thing, but never had an explanation as to why.

Thanks! LOVE the name, too!

They didnt tell me why they had my arms tied down, so im guessing its because my body was numb and I didnt realize what parts of my body were moving
(my legs were tied down too) and probably so u couldnt reach down while the doctors cutting u open. The nurses push down on your stomach so that your uturus will contract back to normal and so that u dont bleed to death (thats what they told me- I guess it stops the bleeding) they only did this twice to me. Thank you :) I actually didnt know what I was gonna name her until I saw her

Congratulations! Cute name too! X

She is absolutely adorable! Well done hun!:) :)

I have had three sections and they pushed on my stomach to help with contracting the uterus with the first two but not the third the only difference is I nurse my third that help with the contracting. Also with my first they had my hands strapped down but not with the others I'm going to google and see why they do that

Beautiful baby. God bless her and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Few qs about C section
Was the IV drip painful?
How long th C section took?
Is there anything we should be doing in preparation of an elective CS? Foodwise or anything else.
After CS, is there any other procedure or cleaning that the doctors do on mothers?
Hows your recovery going on?
Once you come back home, do you need to go back to doctor? if yes then why?

Sorry so many qs but i am a ftm, going for Elective CS.

Congratulations, a beautiful little girl & a lovely name to suit :)

I am still in breech & a ftm, so a c-sec is possibly on the cards for me if the ecv does not work on Tuesday. What is your recovery like so far, have you been able to move around easily, have you needed a lot of help with Mia at all?

Few qs about C section
Was the IV drip painful?
Is there anything we should be doing in preparation of an elective CS? Foodwise or anything else.
After CS, is there any other procedure or cleaning that the doctors do on mothers?

*****the IV drip was only unconfortable for about an hour, after the csection I didnt feel it at all.
*****The csection took about an hour they started at 5:20 and I was back in my room at 6:10.
*****they dont let you eat 8 hours prior to the csection, and afterwards I didnt get to eat until I could drink water without feeling nauseas. The nurse finally gave me jello at around 2am but I was able to drink water right after the csection. It just depends how you are. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BIG UNDERWEAR!!! the swelling sucks afterwards. You have to wear the hospitals (at least I did) wierd underwear but its better than getting your stuff all bloody. Id suggest to keep wearing the hospital gown instead of your clothes because I bled alot all over it (VIA vagina NOT incision because the pads there suck- no wings). After you can show u can eat without puking then u can eat whatever u want (I got an egg mcmuffin lol).
***** Dr didnt do anything just checked the incision to make sure there was no redness, they dont clean it. SO I suggest air drying it with a blowdryer after showers when you get home. Make your significant other check ur incision everyday to look for early signs of infection like redness, swelling, etc.
***** My recovery is going pretty good. They sent me home with percocet, ibuprofen,stool sofeners (for preventing constipation), and iron (for anemia). Im off the percocet completely now, my belly feels sore, never really HURT HURT but it felt like I did 100000000 crunches. Im very swollen all over, feet, hands, face, belly especially, but thats totally normal. for the first 2 days everytime I stood up I hurt really bad because my organs were putting pressure on my incision but it only hurt for a minute or two and its not that bad (TAKE YOUR MEDS IF THIS HAPPENDS). Now im doing house work and taking care of my baby fine. Just try to take it easy it really depends on how fast you heal.
***** You just have to have a follow up appointment 2 weeks after you have the baby, there just gonna check your incision and ask u how ur doing with everything. This is normal in both vaginal and csections (at least over here).

No problem Ill answer more if ud like lol I remember I was sooo nervous but its actually really easy. I wish I knew this info before I went in, enjoy it if you are because there is NOTHING to worry about.

Congratulations, a beautiful little girl & a lovely name to suit :)

I am still in breech & a ftm, so a c-sec is possibly on the cards for me if the ecv does not work on Tuesday. What is your recovery like so far, have you been able to move around easily, have you needed a lot of help with Mia at all?

If you dont mind, im gonna copy and paste my response to poohme lol I have not really needed help with mia. At night my mom has insisted on sleeping with her in the recliner so I can sleep (Which I sneak out and steal her sometimes lol) this week. So I pump my breastmilk at night before bed so my mom has something to feed her with, I breastfeed her during the day and basically she sleeps all the time (im really lucky).

My Recovery:
My recovery is going pretty good. They sent me home with percocet, ibuprofen,stool sofeners (for preventing constipation), and iron (for anemia). Im off the percocet completely now, my belly feels sore, never really HURT HURT but it felt like I did 100000000 crunches. Im very swollen all over, feet, hands, face, belly especially, but thats totally normal. for the first 2 days everytime I stood up I hurt really bad because my organs were putting pressure on my incision but it only hurt for a minute or two and its not that bad (TAKE YOUR MEDS IF THIS HAPPENDS). Now im doing house work and taking care of my baby fine. Just try to take it easy it really depends on how fast you heal.

One thing I can tell you women for sure DO NOT BE SCARED OR WORRIED!!!! I REGRET BEING SO WORRIED :/ BECAUSE i DIDNT ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF IT AS I WAS TERRIFIED FOR THE SURGERY. BUT DONT BE!!

Was there one or more items that you had with you at the hospital that you thought I really didn't need that or anything you wish you'd had?

Few qs about C section
Was the IV drip painful?

Congrats, OP! Your lo is beautiful. I had two sections in the past year, so I figured I'd answer these too:

Was the IV drip painful? No--it hurt to get the needle in, but it wasn't awful.
How long did the C section took? 1 hour. My doctor sews all of the layers though. Some docs only sew three. I'd make sure that your doctor is going to sew all of them b/c they say it heals better.
Is there anything we should be doing in preparation of an elective CS? Foodwise or anything else. No eating the night before Bring snacks--crackers with:)
After CS, is there any other procedure or cleaning that the doctors do on mothers? Nope
Hows your recovery going on?Mine was tough for the first week or two both times, but the first two days were the worst.
Once you come back home, do you need to go back to doctor? if yes then why?No--just your six week appt., like a vaginal birth--unless you have fluid draining from your incision.

Congratulations! Your baby is gorgeous, and such a lovely name too.

Sorry to gate crash but i just wanted to add one thing i packed last minute and im so so glad i did, after an emergency c section i wasnt expecting. Massive knickers, buy them a size bigger and i mean massive knickers, the ones that cover your tummy! they have been a god send this last 2 weeks :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->