Had my baby!! C section details+ ill answer questions!

Was there one or more items that you had with you at the hospital that you thought I really didn't need that or anything you wish you'd had?

well yeah I ended up not wearing anything but my hospital gown the whole time I was there so I didnt need any of my clothes except to go home in. They gave me underwear to wear so I didnt need the underwear I had they ended up being too small. Definitely get some BIG underwear, and if u dont mind getiing your clothes bloody then I guess u could wear ur own clothes but the hospital made me stay in the gown anyway. I packed many outfits for baby and I really didnt need them, the hospital had her wear this shirt also (which u dont get to keep) so id suggest buying baby shirts and bringing those with ur going home outfit.

Was there one or more items that you had with you at the hospital that you thought I really didn't need that or anything you wish you'd had?

well yeah I ended up not wearing anything but my hospital gown the whole time I was there so I didnt need any of my clothes except to go home in. They gave me underwear to wear so I didnt need the underwear I had they ended up being too small. Definitely get some BIG underwear, and if u dont mind getiing your clothes bloody then I guess u could wear ur own clothes but the hospital made me stay in the gown anyway. I packed many outfits for baby and I really didnt need them, the hospital had her wear this shirt also (which u dont get to keep) so id suggest buying baby shirts and bringing those with ur going home outfit.

I'd bring a comfy robe because they'll want you to walk around, and you can also use it if you get cold. Also, ice really helped me but sometimes the nurses would take long to come. I'd bring some instant ice packs.

I'd bring a comfy robe because they'll want you to walk around, and you can also use it if you get cold. Also, ice really helped me but sometimes the nurses would take long to come. I'd bring some instant ice packs.

Sorry this is probably a stupid question but whys the ice for?

The ice helped my incision pain a lot. I would put ice on where he cut. xx

I had my baby girl monday 4-29-13, and I named her Monica Rose (mia for short). I had a scheduled csection so I went into the hospital and found out the little period cramps I was having were actually contractions!! They were 4-6 minutes apart and lasted about a minute and a half so either way she was ready to come out :) . Ill go over what happend to me just incase you guys are nervous about yours:

They hooked me up to the machines, asked me questions and I had to change into one of those stupid gowns. Then I got tons of IV fluids, and had a chat with the anesthesiologist. Then they wheeled me back into the csection room. My mom was there with me but they didnt let her back with me until after the spinal was in. When I was getting the spinal I didnt feel alot of pain just discomfort (He had to try different times as I was feeling the left side getting numb) but when he finally hit the right place they layed me back and I began to feel tingly. there are a lot of questions regarding spinal/epidural pain and to me THE SPINAL DID NOT HURT, it was just uncomfortable, pain wise maybe a 4. So after I was numb they put the sheet up and the anesthesiologist kept talking to me asking if I was uncomfortable or nauseous. If you feel nauseous TELL THEM! DO NOT WAIT!! So my doctor poked and pinched me down there and I didnt feel a thing, they inserted the cathater once I was good and numb and then they started the csection, I felt nothing but tingles, it was a pretty wierd feeling. After about 10 minutes I felt tugging (I was litterally being shaken around the table from side to side) and finally she was born!!! At 5:51pm My big girl was born at 9 lbs 13 oz, 20 inchs long.She was handed to my mom because they had my arms tied down. My mom cut her cord (which the dr said was VERY healthy) and they bathed her and her and my mom went to the nursery. The doctor said it was good I had a csection, as they even had trouble getting her out that way too. they sewed me up and put staples in me (never felt a thing) and then I was wheeled back to my room. My mom came back with the baby and the nurses and I finally got to hold her. The baby was NEVER out of my sight or my moms sight BTW. I wasnt aloud to eat until around 4am the nurse let me have jello and popsicles. The next morning I was up walking by 6am and my catheter was out at 7am. My IV was out by 11am. ONLY TIME I EVER FELT SEVERE PAIN WORTH SAYING A 10 WAS WHEN THE NURSES HAD TO PUSH ON MY STOMACH AFTERWARDS. Getting the cathater out wasnt really painful, really unconfortable kind of like when you have a bladder infection and you go pee. I had to stay for 2 nights, because I had lost so much blood. My baby slept an hour the first night, and kept cooing and making baby noises all night. I was able to come home wednesday (may 1st), I LOVE MY BABY!!!! Ive been getting more and more sleep since monday, and my milk came in yesterday :) Baby mia has only lost 4 oz since birth.

Id like to thank all of you guys for your support uve givin me these 9 months :happydance: Heres baby Monica:

https://i44.tinypic.com/t5gjv8.jpg

https://i44.tinypic.com/30jgswi.jpg

https://i43.tinypic.com/33f97kg.jpg

Ill answer any questions if u guys have them about csections or anything :) :hugs::happydance:

cONGRATULATIONS YOUR BABY IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

Just a question. Didn't you freak out when you knew they were going to cut into you? I am sure I'm going to freak out I am so afraid of knives and blood and I know I wont feel anything but thats not the point. I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO CUT IN ME. I already had a c section (emergency) and I freaked out but luckily I was soooooooooooo exhausted from trying to push before that I couldnt fight it anymore. But with a planned c section... I wont be as tired.. I am so afraid :-( I am sure I will go insane :( Cant even see a small needle going in me. I know I wont see them cutting but ill be wide awake and KNOWING it.. do you get me? How to overcome this fear... its more a phobia..

The surgeon was standing in front of me with a HUGE scissor.. I couldnt touch a scissor for months after birth..even now I dont like to look at them.......

I had my baby girl monday 4-29-13, and I named her Monica Rose (mia for short). I had a scheduled csection so I went into the hospital and found out the little period cramps I was having were actually contractions!! They were 4-6 minutes apart and lasted about a minute and a half so either way she was ready to come out :) . Ill go over what happend to me just incase you guys are nervous about yours:

They hooked me up to the machines, asked me questions and I had to change into one of those stupid gowns. Then I got tons of IV fluids, and had a chat with the anesthesiologist. Then they wheeled me back into the csection room. My mom was there with me but they didnt let her back with me until after the spinal was in. When I was getting the spinal I didnt feel alot of pain just discomfort (He had to try different times as I was feeling the left side getting numb) but when he finally hit the right place they layed me back and I began to feel tingly. there are a lot of questions regarding spinal/epidural pain and to me THE SPINAL DID NOT HURT, it was just uncomfortable, pain wise maybe a 4. So after I was numb they put the sheet up and the anesthesiologist kept talking to me asking if I was uncomfortable or nauseous. If you feel nauseous TELL THEM! DO NOT WAIT!! So my doctor poked and pinched me down there and I didnt feel a thing, they inserted the cathater once I was good and numb and then they started the csection, I felt nothing but tingles, it was a pretty wierd feeling. After about 10 minutes I felt tugging (I was litterally being shaken around the table from side to side) and finally she was born!!! At 5:51pm My big girl was born at 9 lbs 13 oz, 20 inchs long.She was handed to my mom because they had my arms tied down. My mom cut her cord (which the dr said was VERY healthy) and they bathed her and her and my mom went to the nursery. The doctor said it was good I had a csection, as they even had trouble getting her out that way too. they sewed me up and put staples in me (never felt a thing) and then I was wheeled back to my room. My mom came back with the baby and the nurses and I finally got to hold her. The baby was NEVER out of my sight or my moms sight BTW. I wasnt aloud to eat until around 4am the nurse let me have jello and popsicles. The next morning I was up walking by 6am and my catheter was out at 7am. My IV was out by 11am. ONLY TIME I EVER FELT SEVERE PAIN WORTH SAYING A 10 WAS WHEN THE NURSES HAD TO PUSH ON MY STOMACH AFTERWARDS. Getting the cathater out wasnt really painful, really unconfortable kind of like when you have a bladder infection and you go pee. I had to stay for 2 nights, because I had lost so much blood. My baby slept an hour the first night, and kept cooing and making baby noises all night. I was able to come home wednesday (may 1st), I LOVE MY BABY!!!! Ive been getting more and more sleep since monday, and my milk came in yesterday :) Baby mia has only lost 4 oz since birth.

Id like to thank all of you guys for your support uve givin me these 9 months :happydance: Heres baby Monica:

Ill answer any questions if u guys have them about csections or anything :) :hugs::happydance:
By the way your baby looks like the size of my 6 month old hehe. Not in a bad way though! She doesnt look fat just big!! Shes lovely :cloud9:

cONGRATULATIONS YOUR BABY IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL

Just a question. Didn't you freak out when you knew they were going to cut into you? I am sure I'm going to freak out I am so afraid of knives and blood and I know I wont feel anything but thats not the point. I DONT WANT PEOPLE TO CUT IN ME. I already had a c section (emergency) and I freaked out but luckily I was soooooooooooo exhausted from trying to push before that I couldnt fight it anymore. But with a planned c section... I wont be as tired.. I am so afraid :-( I am sure I will go insane :( Cant even see a small needle going in me. I know I wont see them cutting but ill be wide awake and KNOWING it.. do you get me? How to overcome this fear... its more a phobia..

The surgeon was standing in front of me with a HUGE scissor.. I couldnt touch a scissor for months after birth..even now I dont like to look at them.......

I never saw anything lol They sat me down and gave me a spinal and then I felt like I was on laughing gas and totally relaxed. I never felt anything just tugging and it felt wierd. PLEASE dont stress over it too much :/ its really not worth it in the end I would do it over and over again if I could I wish I hadnt been freaked out. You will be fine and since this is planned everything just kind of falls into place they wont be rushing.

yeah shes a pretty huge kid lol very alert too and she can lift her head up already. Probably why I was having such bad pain and felt like she was rolling her head in there lol

19 MOMMY You had to go at 2 weeks and 6 weeks post C-section right? Did they do an internal vaginal exam? Hope not!

Also, as part of prep did nurse shave you or did you do at home? how about an enema? (sorry) I've heard that 1st BM can be reallly bad so if you have a few extra days to heal first might help having everything all empty prior?

I had a natural delivery w/ DD 13, so am worried about recovery pain, and how soon I'll be up and about doing things. BTW, My "natural" delivery was HELL, and I was sore too in the perineal area really bad for 2 weeks, moderate another 2, so what you had sounds better...

congrats on your little (actually, not so little) cherub!

yeah shes a pretty huge kid lol very alert too and she can lift her head up already. Probably why I was having such bad pain and felt like she was rolling her head in there lol

She lifts her head up already? wow she must be very developed in that case!! I thought my baby was but he didnt lift until 2-3 months i gues hehehe

I'm so pleased for you. It's great that you are sharing your experience with others and helping settle any nerves. It's really not as bad as your mind makes you think it's going to be.

Our lo is already holding her head up too. It's almost a fight to keep her still sometimes! 3.5 weeks old now :)

Xxx

19 MOMMY You had to go at 2 weeks and 6 weeks post C-section right? Did they do an internal vaginal exam? Hope not!

Also, as part of prep did nurse shave you or did you do at home? how about an enema? (sorry) I've heard that 1st BM can be reallly bad so if you have a few extra days to heal first might help having everything all empty prior?

I had a natural delivery w/ DD 13, so am worried about recovery pain, and how soon I'll be up and about doing things. BTW, My "natural" delivery was HELL, and I was sore too in the perineal area really bad for 2 weeks, moderate another 2, so what you had sounds better...

congrats on your little (actually, not so little) cherub!

yeah I have to go at 2 and 6 weeks. I havent been to either, but I dont think so, the first one they look at my incision and stuff the 6 week I get my pap because Im 20 and Ive never had one lol. Ill let u know tho for sure. they barely shaved me and really at that point i didnt care its just the top by ur pubic bone. ALso, they kept me on stool softeners from the get go so it never hurt me I didnt have a BM for about 3 days after. BUT keep up on stool softeners after so u dont have a hard BM. I NEVER GOT AN ENEMA!! Thank you :) Just remember keep up on the stool softeners (2 times a day) from the minute u get out of the c section room ask them to give it to u.

She lifts her head up already? wow she must be very developed in that case!! I thought my baby was but he didnt lift until 2-3 months i gues hehehe

oh yeah she lifts her head up and coos all the time shes pretty alert too lol only 1 week and the same night I had her in the hospital room all she did was coo that first night, barely slept at all

I'm so pleased for you. It's great that you are sharing your experience with others and helping settle any nerves. It's really not as bad as your mind makes you think it's going to be.

Our lo is already holding her head up too. It's almost a fight to keep her still sometimes! 3.5 weeks old now :)

Xxx

thank you :) I appriciate your help from the get go, Im so glad your lo is doing well.

Congrats!! Your LO is gorgeous!

Where is the incision? Can it be seen if you're wearing underwear or a bikini bottom?

Congrats!! Your LO is gorgeous!

Where is the incision? Can it be seen if you're wearing underwear or a bikini bottom?

Right above my pubic bone, my OH and my mom say they can barely see it, its just a straight line and is faded already kind of like a stretch mark. I dont think you can see it with underwear, altho I suppose it depends what kind of underwear your talking about lol

Congrats she is beautiful!

i had a planned c section and for me they never tied my hands down, mine were across my chest and they kept pumping meds into my cannula. they also didnt press on my tummy after tgat I remember. lol.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"