Had my booking in appointment yesterday

Serenyx

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
Well I had my booking in appointment yesterday with the midwife - they have dated me as 8 + 3, although I actually think it will be a week less than than that given that my periods are so irregular. It all went well until they had to try and take my blood for the routine testing - they had a lot of trouble finding a vein and after two of them trying in four different areas (with me looking like a pin cushion :dohh: ) they eventually gave up and phoned the hospital. I then had to go to the hospital today for them to take the blood.

Anyway I have just received the date of my first scan - it is on the 14th December, so I will be 12 + 2 then (by their calculations). I'm really not sure I can wait that long and am sorely tempted to pay to have a private scan before then. Has anyone got any experience with BabyBond?

BabyBond

Given that I have mc'd in the past - I am just very nervous about this pregnancy and at the back of my mind I have concerns about a mmc.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you had a hard time with the blood test (they usually have probs with me too) and it hurts.

With my lil man I had a scan with baby bond at about 28 weeks, I found them to be really good and it was a lovely experience. My lil man wouldn't move for them (he was in a difficult position) so I was re-booked in for another day for a second attempt at no extra cost.

This time around ive booked in for an early scan to put my mind at rest so I'll be going in early dec when I am 7 weeks.

Thank you for your reply :) Yes quite a few doctors have trouble taking blood from me - my veins just don't want to co-operate!

Well I have bitten the bullet and booked an ultrasound with them for this Sunday - I will be 8 +6 then (from LMP) so even if I am a week behind, they should still be able to see if everything is progressing ok.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed! Sunday can't come soon enough now!

I had a mc with my first pg in Aug, I was about 4/5 weeks along then. This time I am just over 8 weeks & despite being reassured that I would be given an earlier scan & looked after more because of my age (40) & the mc I have had no extra treatment, naturally I am worried all the time as well & have considered a private scan as well. We decided against it though as even though the cost wasn't too bad we decided just to wait for the NHS scan & keep praying that all is ok, I don't think I could cope with having an early scan & seeing that all was ok then going back a few weeks later & finding out it wasn't. I have decided that what will be will be but obviously I am hoping & praying all is ok.

Good luck with whatever you decide, if you are very worried contact your mw again & ask then if they can get you in any sooner, explain that the stress is affecting you, they may fit you in.

I had a scan with Babybond at 7 weeks on Wednesday. It was amazing, although beanie looks nothing like a baby we could easily see the heartbeating away fast & strong. They spend a lot more time with you & it was a really beautiful experience.

I've had 2 mc prior to thus pregnancy but both before 7 weeks so having this scan has been really reassuring & I would highly recommend them!

Hey I had an 8 week scan with baby bond - it was well worth the £99. I would really recommend it, it sets your mind at ease and seeing the heartbeat is an unbelievable feeling. We had it done as it's our first baby and we didn't want to wait till 12 weeks before we saw them, but if I ever did have another I'd definately get it done again xxx

The only thing I would say is - be prepared! Our appointment was about 2 hours late as the lady is front of us was having TRIPLETS!! She didn't realise, so the scan took 3 times longer than it should have... I was so desperate for the loo I was in tears by the time our appointment came around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->