Had my scan and bad news :( UPDATE 1ST POST

LaughOutLoud

Reaction score
Update to bottom post (tablet wont let me scroll down).
I had the CVS done on Wednesday because I would need to know where we were. The procedure wasnt so bad but its I was terrified to stand up after in case it all went wrong from there. I just wanted to be so careful to avoid a MC and for me this was more harder. The doctor who performed the CVS was exceptional I was told and very experienced. Then I had the dreaded wait for the results. I had to call them on Friday eventually and im so thankful to God that the results came back normal. I do have to wait another 2.5wks for the rest of the results but main abnormalities are ruled out.

Oh and im having a little baby girl......:)

Ive been pretty quite on BnB with this pregnancy. Ive been trying to TTC for a while and have had 2 MMC. Im currently 12 weeks and just wasnt getting attached to the baby expecting it all to go wrong. I had my scan yesterday and whilst there I was silently crying because I was so worried. Unfortunately, baby's skin on the neck is measuring 3.5mm, so im now high risk. It should be under 3mm.

A midwife saw me, told me that theres a 'blip' and did my blood tests to see how it comes back. They have booked me for another scan tomorrow with a doctor and if he thinks I am still high risk then they will do a CVS right away.

Im scared of everything right now. I know women have been through worse than myself but just cant help thinking when will things start to get better for me? Theres always something negative and im struggling.

My sister's baby had a 3.5mm nucal fold. They did her bloods and they came back low risk. He was born perfectly healthy (though at 26 weeks, unrelated to the NT results).

My sister's baby had a 3.5mm nucal fold. They did her bloods and they came back low risk. He was born perfectly healthy (though at 26 weeks, unrelated to the NT results).

Thats comforting to know it all turned out fine in the end. Thank you.

ill be praying for you and you're baby.. <3 don't give up hope yet. :)

Hope you get some good news. A friend of a friend had the blood tests and was given 1 in 15 odds of Downs and baby was born 100% healthy.

:hugs:

A relative of mine had similar happen. They were shocked and worried because they are both early twenties. They had further testing and it turned out the baby is absoloutley fine. It doesn't always mean the worst.

Sorry you are going through this.

The test has a high false positive rate, intentionally, to make sure they catch everyone.

Chances are that your baby is perfectly healthy!!!

Big hugs and prayers for you and baby.

Kim

sorry about your scan hunnie just want to say even if baby did have downsyndrome they are the most loveable gorgeous clever children, and alot of the time its can be mild - moderate meaning they still can live a fuffiled life even when its severe they can still communite and give you loads of joy xxxxxx

My SIL had 7 of the soft markers for downs when she was pregnant with her second and he is 100% healthy!! I know it's so hard not to worry, but chances are everything really is fine. We'll be thinking about you and feel free to pm me if you need to vent. :hugs:

I second everything everyone else has said.
You don't have to have the cvs though if you don't want it xx

That's really good news, fingers crossed the more detailed stuff is fine too! Congrats on team pink!!! :hugs:

So happy all is normal! Those darned NT scans and bloodtests can worry the hell out of pregnant ladies, and the results are often quite off the mark. I'm getting the MaterniT21 done, as I'm 35, and I've heard it's over 99% accurate for detecting Down's, Edward's, Cri du Chat, and several other abnormalities and defects.

Aww excellent news! Congrats on being team pink too :happydance:

I have a friend with quads, and every single one of her babies measured in the risk category on the NT test. And every single one of them is just fine. It's not 100% when you're in the risk zone, so all you can do is cross your fingers and pray and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->